EAS-INF-Peacemaker_revised

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Ok, another bastardisation by me, this one from the TBT Desert Storm mappack. Its in final production stages now, i just need permission to put it out and then beta testing.

It will require the texture packages from the DS mappack, and only uses the texture packages from the original map, so much neater, and less hassle compared to ACB_revised_v5.

Does anyone know Shane (Gullonefox) Bromham? He did the original map and so i need to get in contact with him before it can progress to beta testing. The TBT website (www.thebuildteam.com) doesn't exist (at least not anymore), and i have no other ideas. Any one have any suggestions?

Here's the readme with a list of changes:

Attachments

• EAS-INF-Peacemaker_revised.txt.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Wow, that sounds nice from the readme - contact me and I'll place that on GD EAS Server!

Here is TBT Forums - if they do not reply it's pretty safe that it's okay to edit the map. Also, I was unable to contact that mapper on a different issue [on that same map].

Last edited:

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
hoping to play it very soon, it's my favourite map probably made even more favouriter :D
have the big bsp holes in the static meshes been cleared?

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
(Slam the table and drops the beer) Where´s my betatest version?

heheh.. just kidding...XD
But its kidda weird being thanked for betatesting something I don´t have in my HD ;-)

I´m waiting anxiously to play (and test it throughly)... LD, are you planing gun store rooms in this map too? That´s like your personal marking ;-)

Lethal Dosage

@ BTH: Yes, AFAIK. I got rid of some of the mashed vehicles, as they were difficult to take cover behind, or fire from. And i fixed some other stuff too.

@ LIB: :lol: , well i basically used the readme from ACB, and swapped some names and change log around. Oh well, think of it as predicting your involvement!

Now that you mention it, i haven't added on in yet, but i know of a secret spot where i can add some nice equipment. Maybe a Barrett? Who knows, but it will be a surprise!

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Ok, i now have permission to release the map!

However, I have done a terrible thing! I have placed a XM-29 OICW in the map! Dear God NO! :eek: , and so since servers don't exactly like the OICW, this map will probably be banned on most servers. But tough luck! But well its hidden!

There's also a few AKM, AKM GP25, M82a1, M14DMR. I was too lazy to do much except the WP1.3 weapons, plus i wanted to see if they worked.

Betas will go out in bout 30mins, if i feel like it, and the release will probably be on the weekend if all goes well.

On a personal note, I'm getting off my arse and starting a new job tomorrow (friday), packing stuff with a shrink wrap machine! Imagine all the fun i can have there! :D Nothing sick either!

So this release will be just in the nick of time.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Lethal Dosage said:
Well as long as WP1.4 is released soon.

As I stated earlier, i'm pushing for a release every month. Last release was in February. Now we are in March.

Some things I wanted to release will not be ready this month. Then April it will be for these things. Even if I release only one or two things, every month there will be updates.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Reporting from duty, LD!!!

Only issues: 1-) QuickSand walkway (shot0000... only in front of that fruit table, beside that its normal shot0002)? 2-) Can´t come in this room without jumping (small elevation in the doorway stuck me and perhap bots) - shot0005)

I´ve explored all the map, it rather small (never noticed it before...), and have a suggestion: could you make this door (shot0003) open somewhere? This room is a bit frustating..or you could at least put some boxes to permit a wall climbing there (shot0004)???

Is this tunnel your adittion? Nice idea... and risky at least... (shot0001)

Loved all those secret places and weapons hidden...found all hehheh (subsequent shots...) XD

But this version doesn´t have AKM and all those "pickable" guns, doesn´t it???

Cleared to release it for the community ASAP!... ;-)

disclaimer (shots sent throug mail to LD)

Lethal Dosage

Yes pickupable is a word, and i'm unsure about the AKM's, check the readme with the package, athough i have removed the Barretts, and replaced them with RC 50's, plus now there is a massive tower in the square outside the embassy for the defenders.

I have a Barrett and 2x mags in this tower, i have a view attached below, i'm curious as to whether people think that this might be too much gun for such a stratigic spot, maybe a RC 50 instead? In this tower i can cover 2 of the 4 major assault routes (market square, and the wester assault road, out of the eastern assault road and the pipe). But i also want to have a Barrett somewhere, just for good gameplay, placing one where it wouldn't be such an advantage is difficult.

Pic 1: The tower
Pic 2: The top of the tower
Pic 3: View from the tower

Attachments

• The tower.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Top of tower.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 15
  • View from tower.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Well the dropped weapons are actually by bodies, so it looks kinda realistic, you just have to load them.

@ Geo: With the OICW, M82a1 and M14DMR, how come they don't have unloaded textures (without magazine), when they are placed in maps? Is this going to be fixed as well?

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Agreed, but all the SS weapons and the older IMT weapons have a pickup_nomag model which the game applies to the weapons that are in the map, the WP1.3 weapons don't have this, and alongside other weapons it looks odd, as well as if you see a weapon lying on the ground without a magazine, you know you have to reload it.

Where as, the WP1.3 weapons, you look at the weapon on the ground, and because it has a magazine in it you think its loaded, so you pick it up, and when you go to use it it goes click, and you get shot dead!

Plus when you yourself drop and empty weapon (SS or earlier IMT), it has no mag in it.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
No they don't have any and will never have. Using skeletal models for pickups is screwed up. If you remove the mag, for some reason, of the model when you export it, later on it crashes the engine. It's the same problem with all models. I guess it's either a problem with the way ActorX handles skeletal model exports or the engine deal with them.

edit: earlier models where not skeletal. But dealing with skeletal models is easier and more fun. Plus I agree with KW. dropping a weapon with no mag when the mag is empty makes no sens.

Last edited: