Early Portal 2 Launch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Supposedly the SDK is underway. Just as well, I'd love taking a stab at making a custom level for Portal2. I've come to realize during Prometheus that making puzzle levels is really enjoyable.

Although I've never made a puzzle level. Portal 2 makes me want to. But learning Source could be fun :p

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Gamestop had it on sale for $30 and Steam let me activate the key for digital download.
Gonna take another 40 minutes or so to DL the 10 freaking GB of it so I might get some SP in before the gf comes over

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I need to at least play the first bit of co-op with someone who hasn't played it yet (there's an achievement for that). Hit me up on Steam if you're interested.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
At the risk of being spoilerific, here's a nice little netsnippet.

And a clue I think Rambowjo would like, if he hasn't already seen it.

On another note, I may have to bother some of you whacknuts for the coops. Quite a few of my steam buddies are very anti-bandwagon.

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I need to at least play the first bit of co-op with someone who hasn't played it yet (there's an achievement for that). Hit me up on Steam if you're interested.
I'm up for it but considering I spent the wee hours finishing up the SP in one go, I have yet to sleep and I'm surprised I'm still awake now
So if you wanna CoOp, it's gonna have to be in about 8-10 hours

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Lemme guess. "I liked Portal before it went mainstream" type of anti-bandwagon, right?

No, thankfully not.

Just the "Everyone else is playing this and I don't wanna get the game ruined forever and ever by them so I'll wait some 3-6-9 months to get it, besides can get it cheaper by then" type.

You know, the same reason why Valve didn't put any cake in Portal 2; They were MORE than tired of that gag only months after Portal's release.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Just the "Everyone else is playing this and I don't wanna get the game ruined forever and ever by them

Please explain this logic. :lol:

They are more likely to be hit by spoilers if they wait forever than if they just play it when everyone else is playing it.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Please explain this logic. :lol:

They are more likely to be hit by spoilers if they wait forever than if they just play it when everyone else is playing it.

It's not so much the spoilers as the constant repeated memes and quotes that would quickly get old. (Again, I will refer to Portal1 Cake)
Ignorance actually helps a lot in preventing that, and even helps to save some replay value.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
You know, the same reason why Valve didn't put any cake in Portal 2

Yeah, I see what you mean. Although the funny thing is now Portal 2 has its own memes that are guaranteed to show up everywhere: combustible lemons and SPAAAACCEEE.

But honestly not playing the game because they're afraid of the memes is kinda stupid, especially with a game this awesome. I was in stitches most of the way through.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Example: Cave's tirade about life and lemons and GLaDOS gleefully agreeing with him

One of many, many high points of the game, humor wise. I have a hard time resisting the urge to quote that bit several times a day. :D