E3 2013 Super Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
One of the most significant E3's in years with tons of big reveals and info about the new consoles.

We can talk about how badly Microsoft and the Xbone got beat down later. Check out the new Tom Clancy MMO shooter. Looks way sick:

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRSuyQ7zA[/m]

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
It's not an MMO - I personally thought it was confused. The environment and atmosphere was great, but the flashy overlays and arcadey hit point rubbish just doesn't gel.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Are the voices in the Division gameplay supposed to be the game characters communicating or is it simulated Xbox Live chat? The first time I watched I thought it was game dialog then watching again I realized it was probably the latter...

It sounded cool after hearing the Dead Rising 3 voice actor.

[M]http://youtu.be/Hlm-1dmB2gc[/M]

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Watched all the conferences and Sony totally handled MS there.
- $100 cheaper than Xbone
- No online checks & offline support
- Preowned games support
- Region free
- Replacable HDD
- Indie dev. support + self publishing
- More powerful hardware

PS4 it is.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The PS4 "restrictions" are the same as the PS3 ones; non-Sony publishers can still put online passes for used PS4 games if they want. Also, MP apparently requires PS+ which is not free (but on the other hand you receive free games).

Of course there's no need to say how good it is in comparison to XBone.

I liked MGS V and Watch Dogs. Sucks that X and Bayonetta 2 are Wii U exclusives.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
One game that grabbed my attention from Sony's conference was The Order 1886, really interesting concept, we haven't seen the gameplay yet though.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbAhOB-59Ag[/M]

And Mirror's Edge 2 is on the way of course.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PXba8X6N8[/M]

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Pretty excited for a new Mirror's Edge, BF4 might actually be decent, otherwise not that interesting an E3 for me. If anything, is further solidified my happiness as a PC gamer.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Let them exclusives roll. The Xbox/PS war will be over as soon as gamers will need to own both platforms to enjoy many awesome games anyway. And PC? Fokked as always.

Was waiting for another Mirror's Edge game really bad. Very glad about it.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Are the voices in the Division gameplay supposed to be the game characters communicating or is it simulated Xbox Live chat? The first time I watched I thought it was game dialog then watching again I realized it was probably the latter...

It's supposed to be simulated Xbox live chat. The first battle is against npc's, and they even state that the guy on the roof is an "elite". Also note how they're always saying " we should check this out later". The world is so big you can even check out Manhattan. Then at the end they say "it's another player group, prepare for pvp". Then it zooms out and shows all the player battles happening in the world.

I think the whole point of the trailer was to realize this slowly. You go from " this is a cool Tom Clancy game" to "hey it's co-op" to "omg open world mmo!"

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
That Tom Clancy game reminds me of Quake Wars: ET - Cool visuals, immersive world, and a good concept. But held back by action bottlenecks, wonky controls, overly linear plot progression. I have yet to see anything from this E3 that excites me.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There are a few games I am actually interested in now. Destiny looks great and I hope it comes to PC. Titan Fall looks excellent. The Order looks good.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Capcom openly mentioned in an interview that Dead Rising 3 will cater to Call of Duty players.
Not surprised anyway considering what I've seen of it.

Anyway it's gonna be probably timed exclusive.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Have to admit that the PS4 exclusives are underwhelming. XBox certainly has a better lineup. All the games I'm interested in are going to be multi platform. Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy not being exclusives hurts.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Mirror's Edge 2 will be open-world.

I might add that Ryse's QTEgameplay is absolutely horrible. Easily the worst game out of this E3.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Tom Clancy game from the OP looks incredible... in theory.

the idea is basically a dream-come-true of mine.
squad-based combat, open-world exploration, contemporary weapons/technology, modern setting mixed with neo-futuristic anarchy that basically allows for endless tribal warfare among gangs. the mix of PVE and PVP is an admirable goal but it also worries me.

it would certainly be awesome if most of the people that you encountered online behaved like the 4 perfect friends in the trailer. but that's not usually the kind of people you encounter en mass when it comes to MMO's.