DUP-Bots in SinglePlayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think about the DUP-Bpts in SinglePlayer-mode?

• Single Player?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don`t care

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • An upl with swapping parts and new portraits should do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alternate suits would be nice

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Thanatos833's Sig' said:
"It's Lame to quote yourself - Thanatos833"
Couldn't resist posting that (I like to collect amusing quotes from various places). :lol:

Thanatos833 is right, y'know. Stop quoting yourselves!

Starry Might said:
Yikes. :eek:

(*SHOT IN THE DARK*) Was the strange sound like a loud "POP!" or something like that? 'Cause if it was, then the power supply (or pack, as you call it) is the culprit. Something like that happened to my Dad's computer once. I'll have to ask him about that when he gets home from work to be sure.

EDIT: Well, I talked to my Dad, and in our case, it was the power supply.
bHypocrite=True. :p

P.S. - Good luck with your computer, MäxX! Hope your hard drive's okay! :)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Here the actual status:

1. The PC has been convinced, that it would be a nice move to continue working \o/
It was the Power supply and the motherboard seems not to`ve been harmed in any ways. And all my datacrap is still on that HD *wipes pearls of the forehead*
Good that there is 2 years warranty on it, didn`t cost anything (except nerves, lost hair, and time :p)

2. Here is the promised screenie of the male jugs -> 50% of the DUPs are replaced now *hrhr* I have to make some revisions afterwards, but the primary objective is the switching for now :p

3. I know it`s bad for body and mind to selfquote, but I just can`t stop. I`ve tried so many times to stop :( Since I`ve given up smoking I just need diversion :lol:

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
I have to admit these looks pretty cool. If your going to be touching the Gen Mo'kai, I'm going to expect a load of cursing due to colour matching :D

I can tell if these ever get released I'll be downloading them and going on SP mode again :)

Starry Might

bFemale=True
First of all, I'm glad to hear your computer is okay again, MäxX! :D

Second, I've never even commented on the skins in this topic (SHAME ON ME!! :eek:). I like how you're trying to give the "DUP" Bots a more unique appearance. :) (I think some of the skins could use a little more modification, though.)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
first off all, thanks for the comments :D

I`ve also thought of making more different suits, let`s see how far my inspirations can take me :p At least 4 diffrent heads would be good, since UT2k4 uses max. 4 of the DUPs in game. But on the other hand, if I made the others playable in SP too....... *scratcheshead* Well let`s see in which mood I am then :lol:

Yap Gen Mo`Kai will be funny, but there are not so many DUPS to do :p -> saves much curses I suppose *lol*

Alternatively I could give them other voices, so if anybody has installed the UT99-classic VP for instance, he/she/it would also benefit from that in SP ;) if not, there just will be the standart voices played.
Well, let`s take permission to do it first :p

P.S.: The PC is running and running and running \o/ hopefully there will be no more surprises, gonna start with the Jug Fem today :p

Last edited by a moderator:

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
I like the "new" Perish. Just recolored, but rocks :D Charisma and Nova look to much like Sapphire and Satin IMO, but the portraits are cool. For the Remus-models you could also Alpha some things out, would make the look more different.

Other voices are also a great idea :2thumb:

that are my impressions so far, keep it up :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
UTGirl said:
I like the "new" Perish. Just recolored, but rocks :D Charisma and Nova look to much like Sapphire and Satin IMO, but the portraits are cool. For the Remus-models you could also Alpha some things out, would make the look more different.

Other voices are also a great idea :2thumb:

that are my impressions so far, keep it up :D

You`re right, some chars need some small revisions or maybe new faces and more suits, I`ll take care of them in the end :D

btw: nice sig :p

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
Oh poor MäxX seemes to be very busy and release is deferred I suppose :D

I have another idea:
How about making an upl refering to all our favorite skins, giving them the Menu= "DUP"-Entry and switching all the DUPs that way? That would save you a lot of work :p
We let the community decide which skins are the best ;)

just an idea, what do you think about it?

btw, you should definitaly keep the blond Perish version, and maybe revise her suit a little bit more. I just love that skin :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
thx, you`re welcome :D

Yap, pretty much to do @ moment but I`m confident to manage that ...some day :lol:

I like you`re idea, but the problem is that when the character can be chosen as teammate we have another DUP :|

Hm, the only way I see is to compile all the skins in one UPL. The "normal" and the DUP version. The original skin by the author should get a MENU=SP and a new species. The new species has unchanged abilites, it`s just for hinder them beeing selectable as teammates in SP. For that purpose the DUPs come into play.
The author`s orignal upl should be deleted then,
Hm, that should work, and no change of xplayers.upls must be made.

A good idea, if the original authors agree we could make it that way.

We should link to all the files in the readme or so,

any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
No no, that sounds just too dramatic.

I`ve not said the project is obsolete, it`s just queued and will probably never be released ;)

I think there are jsut to many problems and issues for the players and personally I use the great work of other guys for this purpose now (for instance Bane,Caige and Theory)

Maybe some of the skins will be released in a seperate pack but since they are more recolored guys and lack any creativity I think they would be no fatal loss for the community :D

Meatball01

May 8, 2005
Florida
actually i would like some of the female juggs, seeing as their are no real female jugg skins out there

also maybe some of the nightmare's too

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
@mb:
The last one made where the male jugs, I wanted to start with their female counterparts but currently the project is "on the rocks" :p

There are simply to much issues with that d*mned and doomed upls and DUPs

You`re right, the jug fem just seems not to be the favorite model for skinners, if I see a good link I`ll put it here :)

@UTG:
The changes you suggested were made to Perish and a "special version" of this pack (including some of this merc skins and Nikolai) ....should be in your Mailbox now.

I don`t know if that gonna be released, due this is only some kind of recolor action. Ok, I still like them and will keep them :D