Duke Nukem Forever Delay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
Its begin delayed even though there wasnt a firm release date to begin with
I think the delay didn't directly refer to the release date, but their internal schedule

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Mr.Magnetichead said:
I can't wait for when this and Prey hits the shelfs and you all have to eat a pie made of your words.

When I read such posts the only questions that come up here are:
How can you think DNF will be cool?
How can you think DNF will be able to compete with a game like Prey?
How can you people possibly want another Duke game?

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
We're just now hearing about this, too. On the surface I'm not too happy about it as we were getting to a very very stable point with our physics and nearing a point of being tech complete, and just working on polish.

We'll see what happens, but we're certainly not interested in the prospects of moving to a new SDK - again.

All that says is that they aren't interested in another delay. Not that there is one. Way to missread things folks. :rolleyes:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Maybe that's the joke.... it's called Duke Nuke'em Forever because it will be for ever in development.

The guy who deals with getting funding for this project must be the best in the industry ev4r! Imagine trying to pitch this to your investors... impossible you may think... but 3D realms have done it.

btw. I'll have none of that pie, thank you... it'll be way past it's sell by date... and by that time I'll probably only be able to consume liquid food as my teeth will have long dropped out due to old age.

duk5ie

Jul 30, 2005
3drealms is a relatively small company (don't know why) and that's another reason for the long development time. They probably get funding from the Max Payne games and now Prey, since they are the proprietors and general "overseer" of those products.

DNF will probably make a 2006 E3 appearance as stated, and with a little luck may see a release later the same year judging from what the project leader said about its progress. It would be a good time too to make uEngine 3's debut along with related upcoming titles.

Switch`

Pixelante
Feb 27, 2004
dnfnews4ii.jpg

HereticElite2K4

HaloUT Custom Skinner
Feb 27, 2005
Isabela, Puerto Rico
Duke Nukem Forever Delay

I wouldn't be surprised if that game never see the light of day, id Software had a very long time to produce this game but never quit stick to the plan, I've been catching up with the development of this game, it went through alot of engine changes and still the developers weren't to sure on what they really wanna do with this game, I mean c'mon they started this project like 7 years ago, they even had screenshots of the game in early production but due to changes within the company and other delays this game isn't going to be really made probabley until UT2007 comes out.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Deapblade said:
When I read such posts the only questions that come up here are:
How can you think DNF will be cool?
How can you think DNF will be able to compete with a game like Prey?
How can you people possibly want another Duke game?

Because it's ****ing Duke Nukem.
Because it's running on UE3.
Because it's Duke Nukem.

I don't know how long you've been playing FPSers but if you had been playing them when Duke was released like I was you would realise you should always bet on duke.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Because it's ****ing Duke Nukem.
Because it's running on UE3.
Because it's Duke Nukem.

1.) That's a reason not to wait for it.
2.) It isn't. Or did I miss something? :con:
3.) See 1.)

The only thing that seems interesting about the game so far is the fact that you can ride around on a donkey. Or at least you could according to one of those old videos.

At a time when studios seem to be throwing intelligent stories overboard in favour of "accessability", I don't really want to play some annoying monster macho running through a world that depicts women, well, the way the Duke Nukem games do. And if the actual story is decent/not silly, Duke's character would be even more of an annoyance. (Does anyone remember the voice acting in the otherwise excellent Operation Na Pali mod? It just didn't fit.)

Last edited:

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Do you like serious sam?

I've never played it and I don't intend to do so ;)

To be honest, I've never played a Duke game either, so maybe my posts so far are obsolete or stupid, but there's nothing I have read or seen so far that makes Duke Nukem 3D seem like anything else than a sexist, silly and more or less "old-skool" shooter with some (probably) decent gameplay.