DTASAL 3vs3 or 4vs4? YOU decide.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

3vs3 or 4vs4 DTASAL

• 3 vs 3

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • 4 vs 4

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
For DTASAL. I can't tell you where because they arwe working on the site and there are no rules yet becasue they are working on them. When things are figured out you will know.

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
(SDS)benmcl said:
For DTASAL. I can't tell you where because they arwe working on the site and there are no rules yet becasue they are working on them. When things are figured out you will know.

Man, I really appreciate your non-candid response. Allow me to pontificate according to operational proceedures:

1. Rules are the God send of life and liberty.
2. Gayness is a choice.
3. LGM loves me and so does... me?

ask anyone, dude.

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
no, CALM down, guy. RELAX and take a deep HIT!!!! let it out SLOW!!!! feel it, man. just fukn feel it hit ya like a ton of bricks. *wa wa wa wa wa*

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
On dirait que quelqu'un a levé le coude un peu...
food-smiley-022.gif

-=]N[=-ZeuS

Sep 19, 2004
un peu... plusieurs fois ;)

What about leaving the one man cap on 4 vs 4? wasnt the point of doing it DTAS rather than TDM to keep the TDM fell but not make a match last 2 hours a round? if you make it 4 vs 4 and make it a 2-man cap then you take away from the TDM experience. Unless you dont want a TDM fell in it, in which case you've mislead me... I'm hurt

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
Last I checked, it was DTASAL, not YAGMAL. Let us not get into ANOTHER debate regarding the usage/intention/strategy/political motivations of DTAS. Anyways, I have a good memory of lots of TDM matches that lasted "2 hours" because two people would just circle around each other, people would leave, etc ... Oh, and he wanted a fast-paced feel, if I recall, not a TDM feel. :p

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Guys I think you seem to be forgetting that most of the maps will be very small. Its gonna be fun, and I cant please everyone so please understand if you dont get exactly what you want im sorry. But im sure you will still have fun.

-=]N[=-ZeuS

Sep 19, 2004
*whap Taque*

Play a TDM game with people who arent wusses, a round usually doesnt last long. And the point of adding DTAS into it all was so that there was a time limit on how long players would "circle around each other". then there's the flag for winning without engaging the enemy... I still think you should be able to SEE the flag, not be able to cap it from one floor below or behind a wall. But I digress.

Using small maps is GREAT! the only problem I can see with it is if the attacking team charges really fast they could find the other team before the flag is placed and wipe them out before DTAS even begins. unless you make the flag drop instantly, which is smart considering you want the players to fight it out and not look for an obscure placed flag (I'm not sure what some people want out of this but if you want to chase after a flag underwater while people camp the shiza out of it play a regular game of DTAS)

I still prefer a 3 on 3 but if it is a 4 on 4 I still request a one man cap limit as well as a smaller cap area. The flag (as I see it for this event) is not a means to win but a means to keep a match going on too long and have people at opposite ends of the map.

If, however, this event is to be made as a fully DTAS one and everyone will tell me the point is to cap the flag and killing the opposing team is a lousy way of winning tell me now and I will retract all I have said and remove myself from participation. i'm here to participate in an event where you should kill the other team but cap the flag if absolutely necessary, not cap the flag from a floor below while avoiding all contact with said enemy.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
-=]N[=-ZeuS said:
*whap Taque*

Play a TDM game with people who arent wusses, a round usually doesnt last long. And the point of adding DTAS into it all was so that there was a time limit on how long players would "circle around each other". then there's the flag for winning without engaging the enemy... I still think you should be able to SEE the flag, not be able to cap it from one floor below or behind a wall. But I digress.

Using small maps is GREAT! the only problem I can see with it is if the attacking team charges really fast they could find the other team before the flag is placed and wipe them out before DTAS even begins. unless you make the flag drop instantly, which is smart considering you want the players to fight it out and not look for an obscure placed flag (I'm not sure what some people want out of this but if you want to chase after a flag underwater while people camp the shiza out of it play a regular game of DTAS)...

If they charge and attack fast then the opposing team should be ready to counter this. I expect play styles of all kinds including styles that counter teams who rush. I wanted to keep teams smaller for that reason, so you encounter more teams and types of play.

-=]N[=-ZeuS said:
...I still prefer a 3 on 3 but if it is a 4 on 4 I still request a one man cap limit as well as a smaller cap area. The flag (as I see it for this event) is not a means to win but a means to keep a match going on too long and have people at opposite ends of the map.

If, however, this event is to be made as a fully DTAS one and everyone will tell me the point is to cap the flag and killing the opposing team is a lousy way of winning tell me now and I will retract all I have said and remove myself from participation. i'm here to participate in an event where you should kill the other team but cap the flag if absolutely necessary, not cap the flag from a floor below while avoiding all contact with said enemy.

I am leaning strongly towards making it 1 man cap. This will force teams to take turns attacking and defending. A team may wish to leave only one person behind near the flag as well. As mentioned before, I expect all different game play types. Cap Radius may be adjusted to a smaller size as well. The maps we choose will play smoothly for the event. We will try to avoid maps where unfair gameplay can occur.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
-=]N[=-ZeuS said:
*whap Taque*

Using small maps is GREAT! the only problem I can see with it is if the attacking team charges really fast they could find the other team before the flag is placed and wipe them out before DTAS even begins.

Since you don't see 'em on the compass until the flag is place, it's not that likely to happen very often.

-=]N[=-ZeuS

Sep 19, 2004
probably not but if the map is small enough you could just run out in any direction and guess it right. There's also that very rare, very random, VERY annoying random spawn where both teams can clearly see one another.