DTAS Gametype?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Great job, i really like that the compass indicates if flag is above or below. :tup:
On a less positive note, I already said i wasn't really fond of the flag distance being on hud, but now there is also a countdown... :( ... well i stated my opinion about that in the previous posts. Could it be possible to make it an option ?
Also, i've found something weird : sometimes the flag appears with a red flare, sometimes it's just the flag alone. Is that a bug ?
(BTW shan could you turn off the flare pls ?)

Last edited:

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Ya, I can turn off the flare. I was going to last night but everyone wanted it to stay. Shame there is not a way to make it a flag in confined areas and a flare when there is more room for the smoke.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
By countdown i meant the timer. It makes me feel like a bomb is gonna explode if i don't get to the flag fast enough...

Last edited:

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
By countdown i meant the timer. It makes me feel like a bomb is gonna explode if i don't get at the flag fast enough...

Which is probably a good think. You know what Hitchcock says about tiking time bombs.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Crowze or cleuus get back to coding ! Apparently Khutan has released a new version of rts, which adds a new option.
Considering how important rts is for dtas gameplay, i think everyone would be happy to see the new code implemented into dtas.

EDIT : forget it, i got excited over nothing... damn you combat maps for release only now a 2 years old mutator !

Last edited:

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
Some of you who visited JgKdo lately might have noticed that there has been some changes to DTAS ;)
Before getting to the changes I wanted to summarize the long history of DTAS:
Back in the good old 2.86 times it started with TAS developed by yurch. Later with the use of Khutan's Random Team Spawn it became DTAS. After the long wait for 2.9 was finally over ;) Crowze took yurch's code and ported it to the new INF version. He also integrated Random Team Spawn directly into DTAS. After Crowze released version 1.0 Cleeus and he worked together on parallel branches with a lot of mutual code exchange. With Crowze's final version 1.22 Cleeus forked from the main branch with his version InfilDTAScl10. I took over from his version InfilDTAScl11 which I called DTAS 1.29. From there on I started with version 1.30 and since Crowze didn't mind (thx again) continued with these.

The current version is 1.37 and here is the changelog since 1.30

Changelog:
(InfilDTAS 1.37)
keep looking if bugs which are supposed to be fixed reappear
- (feature) between rounds all doors are closed again (even the "breached" ones)

(InfilDTAS 1.36)
- (change) made rounds, death and captures non-persistent during reconnects
- (change) scoreboard now sorts captures first, then difference between deaths and rounds played, then rounds played, then playername

(InfilDTAS 1.35)
- (bugfix) fixed UT announcer messages (again)
- (bugfix) fixed "attacker had to win a round"

(InfilDTAS 1.34)
- (change) made "In Range" display in HUD an ini option called bShowInRange

(InfilDTAS 1.33)
- (feature) scores are now sorted by captures(increasing), then death(decreasing) and lastly alphabetically

(InfilDTAS 1.32)
- (bugifx) fix attempt on UT announcer messages

{InfilDTAS 1.31)
- (bugfix) repaired RTS (broke it accidently)
- (bugfix) fixed remaining time for unlimited round times

(InfilDTAS 1.30}
- (bugfix) annoying TDM messages "You have x minutes left" popping up occasionally should be gone
- (bugfix) no more "Attackers ran out of time" at the beginning of DTAS
- (bugfix) the player recieving the message "You will place the objective" should now ALWAYS be the one who actually places it
- (bugfix) proper F1 time display for both TDM and DTAS
- (change) no longer buffertime and firstroundaddtime in DTAS ini, use PlaceFlagTime instead (value in seconds)
- (change) when DTAS becomes active during a TDM round the remaing time of the round is reset to the full time limit
- (change) DTAS countdown stops when TDM becomes active during a round and continues when DTAS becomes active again
- (feature) human players are now prefered to bots when it comes to flag placing
- (feature) "In Range" display in HUD when you are in range of the flag
- (feature) visible flag icon next to teammates when they are in range of the flag in the F1 scoreboard
- (feature) new scoreboard especially tuned for DTAS
- and much more (mostly minor changes which will make life easier ;) )

As stated in the changelog there might still be some bugs to be crushed, so keep looking. If you intend to put it on a server make sure to take a look at the README.TXT first since there were some changes to the ini settings.
Soon Cleeus will also release a DTAS plugin (for 1.30+ versions) for the NG-WebAdmin (actually the plugin is already finished, but the corresponding Web Admin isn't yet)

Attachments

• InfilDTAS 1.37.zip
    95 KB · Views: 15

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Very nice job!

I like the scoreboard VERY MUCH! This is what INF2.9 needed, a scoreboard without seeing the kills!
(to the night vision device.....f2 does the same)

[OT] Would it be possible to expand this scoreboard to a mutator for EAS? Seeing how many defenders are killed is....not too nice. Think this might get live back to EAS and make people go for objectives. And maybe the captures changed to completed objectives... please...?[/OT]

THX a lot for making my favourite gamemode even better!