Drive the cars...duh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkyDweller

B A H! lame finnish mapper.
Oct 26, 2000
Yeah, cars..

..and after that infiltration should be called as Interstate76-mod, not UT-mod.

it suuuuucks! (not interstate, the vehicles-idea sucks)

of course, this is just my (humble) opinion.

<hr>
Computer crashes:

smash.gif

Ab initio est ordiendum.

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
The standard way for creating a drivable with my package is to create a complex brush, so that means those hummvees could be turned into drivables.
Now modeling a brush so you can actually get into it and drive is pretty tricky - trickier than normal doorways, because these can turn.

I can say that there are a bunch of mods that plan to use my stuff, but so far I've seen only one map although it is probably still a beta. It's a pyramids thing with two open hummvees and two of those egyptian boats. It looks great, and it's a CTF map - although there is still a lot of inside stuff where you can't use the vehicles, you can use them to quickly travel on the outside, so it works there.

If the brush turns out to be partly invisible, it may be one of two things:
1) it may be that the BSP slider has to be moved somewhat towards balance tree.
2) for some obscure reason, I've been having this problem with a huey I've been modeling: it looks fine when you put the huey in the same map as the original BSP, but without it many surfaces are invisible. I'm not yet certain what causes it, but it seems to be related to either the complexity or placing nodes really close together.
BTW: I've been able to transplant that APC from another map just fine, so it's not very predictable when it happens

Earth, Soul, Rock 'n Roll