Dreaming of dieing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I used to have this reoccurring dream about me driving a motorcycle. I'm zooming down an empty freeway in the middle of the night. For some reason I'm crying and I cant really see anything past the tears. I keep on going faster and faster until suddenly I see a truck on it's side in the middle of the road. Instead of braking I just accelerate. I hit the truck at full speed and at the moment of impact I "jump" out of my body and watch myself as I draw my last breath..

.. and then I wake up sweatty and with my heart racing. I usually can't fall asleep again so I just stay awake for the rest of the night. When this happens a few times a week and you have to work in the mornings, it can get a tad annoying. At some point, for no obvious reason, I stopped having the dream and it went away just as fast as it had come. Disturbing.

Last edited:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
That's a pretty rock and roll way of topping yourself :lol:

When you'd wake up, did you just lay in bed watching the walls creep or did you try getting up having a drink and playing a round of Inf or two before going back to bed?

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I would just quietly slip out of bed and do whatever pops in my head. A few times I went out for a run and watched as the city woke up. Sometimes I got my camera and took a few shots of the sun rising.. too bad I don't have a scanner so I can't show them to you. Some of them were quite good. Sometimes my girlfriend woke up aswell and we'd just talk through the night.. Now that I think about it, I didn't really mind the dream at all.

:(

Last edited:

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
It's weird when you're just about asleep, then you feel a rush like you've just rolled off of your bed and you flip over to land on your hands and knees, then feel like a total dumbass when you realize it was a dream.

I had a re-occuring dream when I was much smaller that scared me really, really bad. The entire dream, I watched a chimp wearing a crown play on the piano over and over and over...I'd wake up sweating, shaking, and generally scared ****less

Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Rostam said:
They bother me because every time I dream or daydream I can't be doing something real. Last night my imagination started telling me I should buy a bigger knife because someone is going to try and kill me tomorrow. I snapped out of it and started thinking about stuff that is really going on in my life. Stuff that should be fixed... but every time I think about what to do for an answer I wonder off to my world.
What I'm about to say is completely serious, and without any malintent. Ros, when your imagination starts to tell you to do things, I would seriously consider talking to a professional. Forumers can help you get through bad dreams, pissy girlfriends, and drunken fathers, but this seems a bit more serious. I daydream and let my mind wander quite a bit, but I can always control it or stop it. Also, and this might be important for you, my daydreams have never asked me to do anything before. That would bother me enough to go talk to someone who could figure out if it's just overactive imagination or something more serious.

As far as dreams, my daydreams never really go anywhere, and I try to snap out of them as fast as I can. My dreams at night, however, are quite varried. I often have dreams where horrible things happen to people all around me; family members die (sometimes at the hands of other family members, usually my father or an accident I cause), houses burn down and vehicles get smashed up, and I wake up in the dream, thinking, trying to figure out if it's a dream, and conclude that "no, it is real" even though I am asleep. When I finally wake up, I'm freaked out whether my car/house/family is really mangled/torched/hurt, until I sort things out. Those are the worst.

I've had lots of dreams that I'm part of some sort of rebellion or uprising, trying to correct some horrific injustice. I'm usually a hero in these, and they're lots of fun :D Then there's the dreams that I get everything I've ever wanted, a new car, a better computer, acceptance into the right school...and I wake up, and they're all not real. :con:

The ones that get me the most emotionally worked up are the dreams where no matter what I do, everyone misinterprets me, gets angry at me, or doesn't care what's going on. There could be some horrific injustice being carried out that I'm trying to correct, but no one will believe me. I could be bleeding to death, or have dire word of an impending nuclear attack, or be the messanger bringing news to flee, and all that "everyone else" cares about is whatever their doing, and ignores my warnings, and instead gets upset with me for bugging them. The worst of these is when I'm accused of something I didn't do. Those dreams leave me nothing but pissed off and upset...and then I wake up, and while still being emotionally drained, I am very relieved that it was just a dream.