Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DraZtiK

Jan 4, 2003
www.draztik.net
tool said:
I'm still buying half-life 2 as well. I'm getting both games.

OMGWTFITSOUTTOO!

hl2coverandcds.jpg

:lol:

BulletProof

...I wish I was
Mar 27, 2002
Maryland, U.S.
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
HL2 is just out too late. It's ridiculously late.
As long as its good all will be forgiven...for me at least.

On another note, 20-25 hours? Didn't id officials say a while back that it would be around a 10 hour game? If so I wonder if it was a trick to get Valve to shorten HL2 (I remember hearing 40 hrs for HL2 at first but have heard 25hrs since). Valve might be in deep ****. Two of the biggest things they had on D3 was the playtime and being able to be played on older systems. Losing one of those and coupled with the delays might seriously hurt them. Then again there are millions of people who will buy it no matter how short/bad/late it turns out. /sigh :hmm:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Counter-strike 2 will sell half-life 2 if the HL-2 single player were to suck. But the HL-2 single player isnt going to suck, I guarrantee it. And Counter-strike 2 is still going to sell HL-2 aswell.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
Looks like my 1.6 Ghz with Geforce4 64 meg card is already obsolete...forget upgrading, I can't keep up with the times lol.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm sure HL2 is going to be alright, but it's so ridiculously late that they already lost half of their sales.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I don't think Doom 3 will be anywhere near as good as HL2. I just watched the HL2 video and holy crap chills went through my body ;)

Doom 3 from what I can tell is mostly dark and gray and dreary indoor environments but HL2 has so much more. Huge outdoor environments, broad daylight, awesome city settings. It just looks so cool in my eyes.

More importantly is the multiplayer. Doom 3 has what, like 4 player multiplayer? And only 5 maps? Let's face it it's not gonna be a very good multiplayer game. That's where HL2 will come in and kick some insane amounts of ass. Half-Life and it's mods have proven to be the most popular multiplayer game of all time and Half-Life 2 is just gonna improve on that. I can't wait!

I never was a big fan of the Doom series, they were definitely fun to play, but games like Half-Life just blow it away IMO.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Half-life 2 didnt take THAT long to make. I don't know what you guys are getting worked up over. The only major delay was September last year. Otherwise Half-life 2 up until September was in developement for like a year or something. Atleast its not on the same grounds as Duke Nukem Forever, or one of Blizzards titles where games like Diablo got delayed for two years. After September a release date was never set for HL-2. Just that it would be 2004.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
tool said:
Half-life 2 didnt take THAT long to make. I don't know what you guys are getting worked up over. The only major delay was September last year. Otherwise Half-life 2 up until September was in developement for like a year or something. Atleast its not on the same grounds as Duke Nukem Forever, or one of Blizzards titles where games like Diablo got delayed for two years. After September a release date was never set for HL-2. Just that it would be 2004.
It had a December, April and June release date before the "source was stolen".

Half-Life 2 has been in development since like Quake 3 came out. Believe me it's true. HL2 is why Team Fortress 2 was never released when it was announced in 1999.

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
Deadpool_1-0 said:
went ahead and pre-bought my copy today... now the waiting game...

lol, i did the same thing :tup:

i also just ordered an athlonxp 3k+ (up from my 1700+) for <$120. sweet deal on newegg

that should help, despite the fact I've got a Geforce4Ti4200 / 128MB VRAM.
game should be decent with settings turned down....