Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
wtfd3.JPG

Is it just me, or did my copy off doom 3 go from LA to Memphis back to LA when it needed to go to LA -> Memphis -> Belleville Michigan?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
MegaManInferno: It's happened to me as well when I ordered UT2004. I think what happened is it was supposed to be in a particular shipment but wasn't actually shipped. :lol: Don't worry, I am waiting for mine too!

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
MegaManInferno said:
wtfd3.JPG

Is it just me, or did my copy off doom 3 go from LA to Memphis back to LA when it needed to go to LA -> Memphis -> Belleville Michigan?

Oh... man... thats not good. That would really cheese me off. I'm hoping its just a bug in the shipment tracking for your sake.

Ebgames didnt ship my game till late night on the 4th.. then i got it early this morning.(i love overnight shipping!!!) I've been playing the game alll day with few breaks in between. I think I only used the bathroom once.

Anyways the game sure does live up to its hype. I just beat the trite queen and so far I love almost everything about this game. The graphics are amazing and there is detail everywhere. Audio is top notch. I've never heard "true" surround like this in a game before. Tool said the weapons sound weak, but not when you got a good audio setup.. well at least thats my opinion.

The levels are long and theres lots of little secrets. I know i've missed so many of the secrets and i've been playing through the game as slow as possible trying my best not to miss any. I am only maybe 40% through the game, but in some parts the game "almost" seemed to get repetitive shooting the same zombies and dodging the same fireballs from imps. The scenery kinda stays the same (so far) and it "almost" gets bland, but then theres so much in the levels to explore and little gizmos moving everywhere and all this life so it keeps the levels interesting.

So far, I think this may be one of the greatest games i've played. Thanks to the beautiful engine, it has managed to pull me into the game unlike any other game before.

I'm running the game at 1280x1024 on medium settings. Runs like silk. I can put it up to high but it lags when i open doors.

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
Yeah, I got a bit over-giddy about doom 3, and I went about 'aquiring' it. So ive beat the game when I havent got it yet :D
The last boss was far easyer than I expected, only about 4 soulcube shots.
And the trite queen, there will be 2 more, at the same time, but not for a LONG while. By then youl have the BFG and quickly own them both.
The ending leaves room for a exp pack/sequal, and I am hopeing for a exp pack, as that would be uber-1337.

Last edited:

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Rodzilla said:
Some of us haven't beaten the entire game yet and are taking our time finding everything, listening to and reading all the PDA data, etc...

If they got rid of that dam PDA. I would recomend the game.

The PDA turns a great FPS game into a friggen RPG.

The BS about having to go to a real webite to get unlock codes is a joke... :mad:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
BITE_ME said:
If they got rid of that dam PDA. I would recomend the game.

The PDA turns a great FPS game into a friggen RPG.

The BS about having to go to a real webite to get unlock codes is a joke... :mad:

lol, you are really over reacting, it is only like two codes that you need to goto a real website for. The rest of the codes are in e-mails, and you can just skim through them. I rarely ever use my PDA, I didnt even read a quarter of the e-mails or listen to any of the audio files and I did just fine. The PDA isn't required to play and get through doom 3. It's there more as a gimmick.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I'm having a hard time not spoiling the game for myself. I've looked at a ton of pictures and videos already, this is why I hate it when the games are not released the same day worldwide...

I hope somebody breaks the release date over here in the UK, just so I can play the game early.

Rodzilla

PuF Fossil
That reviewer was a tard. "All of your guns are direct point-and-shoot." What the hell else do you want the gun to do? Make toast? I've used the guns in an indirect way several times. Once I pushed a barrel in the middle of a hallway after clearing the room. I moved on, some enemies spawned, eventually after retreating past the barrel, waiting in the corner, the enemies came towards me...I waited, *bam* *bam* 2 pistol shots to the barrel and 4 enemies dead. :p

BuzWeaver

n0 fUn 4 j00
Apr 17, 2004
Atlanta, GA - USA
I thought GameSpy and GameSpot had very honest and accurate review. Naturally the Doom purest (or game purest for what ever game) are going to want the game to get high marks and accolades, but then they are biased and the Game Reviewers don’t have that luxury, well, unless they really want their credibility shot.

As a consumer I do read the reviews because I want to get various perspectives and I know these guys know more about games than I do or at least more than I would care to know.

The points they bring up are valid, logical and reasonable. The game is dark, it’s kind of annoying, but I understand that’s part of the atmosphere and ambience of the game, however does it have to be that dark to generate the same ‘startle’ factor?

It would only seem logical that there might be some type of goggles or infrared weapon scope that would allow you to see with a little more clarity than the flash light or have a weapon with a mounted flash light, its in the future after all right?

The gun sounds aren’t that big a deal to me, but the point about the spider droids being able to mow stuff down was another type of imbalance. The graphics are no doubt the games savior, very impressive and immersive.

Despite the reviews the game to me is fun and that’s pretty much why I bought it.

discreet

i love lamp.
Jun 25, 2004
nj represent
"Why would a 22nd-century space marine be sent into action in a darkly lit area without night vision goggles of some sort, or even a helmet? Why wouldn't any of his weapons have light-amplification modules built into them when even today's weapons frequently do? Why, instead, is he stuck carrying around a very weak flashlight with unlimited battery life? Why is he unable to hold a gun and the flashlight at the same time? Why are the UAC's small, spiderlike sentry drones so incredibly powerful?"

this is why i think this is a stupid review. i stopped right here.

first of all, why would this guy think having nightvision would make the game better? that would ruin the feel. and second of all, unlike this pasty dork, most of us play games for fun, not as a job. who thinks up stupid questions like this over a video game?

and also, he's not too bright anyway. i mean, to answer his questions, i don't think that the character is supposed to realize that a gate to hell will be opened on his first shift ;)

i think that the game delivered exactly what it aimed to, and for that it should get around 9.5. watch hl2 get a high review, and all the faults of that game will be overlooked very easily.

all i have to say is this. no other game scared the crap out of me like this. and no other game has quite the same feel. it's really great.