Do u like playing with clanmembers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prak

ECi Recruiter
Apr 5, 2004
Finland
X-0 said:
I actually prefer playing most clan players...usually they're better players and a better sport than the average trash-talker. Granted, there are some clans that lack basic manners, but on the whole it's better with than without. You can tell when people are deliberately teaming up or throwing the balance off, and usually I don't see that happen.

My thoughts exactly.:)
It is always nice to have clan members on pubs, at least I know somebody knows how to play the damn game.

Takara

Apr 11, 2004
Hrmmm good I haven't messed around with it other then looking for the skins I wanted to edit. I'm getting photoshop so I suppose I'm lucky. How ever....how is it I edit a char that is in the .upl .utx formats that go in the textures and system folders only?

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
The only time I don't like playing against/with clan members with when they all have to be on the same team, and the teams end up being 6 on 10 in a 16 man server. Other than that, I like playing against most clan guys, because it gives me a chance to improve my skills and compare them to some pretty good players.

BtthR

|Nerv|BtthR|Buf
Feb 27, 2004
CA
I don't care if I play against clan guys or not.
I just want to play with people who are good (even if the mop the floor with me) and not jerkooffs spamming the server with how great they are or how bad you are.

I'd rather loose with some honor and dignity than win shouting my mouth off!

Plus (like a lot of people have said in here) your never going to learn anything if you don't challege yoursel by playing people as good or better than you.

I wanna give Kudos right here and now to every NooB that just keeps coming and coming an coming even though there not that good because thats the only way you'll get any better if you just keep tryng and learning.

Had one the other night you could se each time he attacked the node he tried something new and I never new what to expect outta him!!

He finally took me down and I gave him a "Nice one" cause he paid attention and learned from his mistakes and never complained once!

Everybody was a NooB one time or another...

Rodzilla

PuF Fossil
The only thing I find annoying, and this tends to be a frequent problem in America's Army, is when it's a team game (i.e. CTF or Assault) on a *public* server, and the whole clan is on the same team. Then it just turns into an unbalanced and unfair slaughterfest.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Switching teams wasn't really an option, since it was DM. We always try to balance the teams. Good to hear none of u thinks it's lame. It was just the bunch of dumbasses on the server who couldn't handle it.

edhe said:
Bee - stick [Ci]* in the buddies and track us down eh? :).. oh and *sQueeze*
No! U kick my ass...;) added.

AMMAGETSVM said:
A course I do! It's a great way to learn. I had a blast with you and Jolt a cpl weeks back. \o/
What about yesterday :tup:

Hyrulian Hero said:
Speaking of _Zd_, I think I saw one of your _Zd_ guys playing UT DOM today; _Zd_FireWire, I think it was.
There is many of us, we're starting a ONS team too :) We're also thinking of some 2 player TDM teams (me and Jolt1r)

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
in my experience playing with clans is generally a good thing.

-most often they're good guys, not screw offs who don't give a care about sportsmanship, courtesy, etc.

-most often they're up on teamwork. If I'm on the same team with some other guys associated with their own clan, things usually run alot smoother. Than a bunch of players trying to recreate Brownian particle theory with their players.

-most often they have appreciable skill. That means, if they're on my side I can count on them to fight well and be a great help to the team. If they're not on my side ... I look forward to a challenge.

-most often they're the ones being patient with ME.

/edit:

imo, those who complain & moan (& show generally a lack of tact) are usually bitter. After losing x many times over and tending to wounded pride.

;)

Last edited:

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
_Zd_Bee_ said:
What about yesterday :tup:

There is many of us, we're starting a ONS team too :) We're also thinking of some 2 player TDM teams (me and Jolt1r)

pffft yesterday spawning into death repeatedly wtfever ;)
I am so lazy to learn these DM maps and there's so goddam many...

def. look me up when you guys are playing ONS & BR. I've taken some interest in that one lately :tup:

[edit: maybe we all get a 2v2 ladder going around these parts if the other one is successful?]

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
DeDpoet|BuF said:
-most often they're up on teamwork. If I'm on the same team with some other guys associated with their own clan, things usually run alot smoother. Than a bunch of players trying to recreate Brownian particle theory with their players.
Image of Brownian particle movement:
Brownian.gif

Yeah, that's pretty much what it's like with uncoordinated teams. :D

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
*gets shot* BAAAAAAAAASTAAAAAAAARD!

BtthR said:
Isn't there a BuF clan?

If not..? Why not have one??
Obviously I'm no Admin but people in these forums see very cool and it would make for a cool clan if BuF started one!! :2thumb:

Quite a few clans have been formed by groups of BuF members. [Ci], [rSu], ]LoL[ and (the now sadly departed) |DsV| were all started on BuF. A lot of other clans have a lot of BuF members.

As for the playing other clan players thing, there's nothing wrong with it at all, the FCE2 guys regularly end up together on FFA DM servers, and CTF servers. We always split ourselves between teams if it's CTF/ONS/TDM. Playing with your clanmates on public servers is fine, but you shouldn't load one team. We do use TeamSpeak2 while we do pub games, but that's used to hurl abuse at each other rather than any tactical communication :D