Do the posters of this subforum still play UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Polychron, M.A.D.X.W., Larkin, Plumb_drumb, Kantham, TWD, etc...

Call me an idiot, but with so much lolitics I kinda lost track :p Oh and how about solving such lolitics discussions with 1v1's ?

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
At the business end of a Flak Cannon.

I'm working on a low-reqs map right now. I thought I was going to call the project finished, but I've gotten back to it.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah I still play UT. I think it was last week I played through the campaign of UT3 (shudder) with a friend who just got the game.
I'm hoping we'll play some more too, but he got Starcraft 2 too (two two's.)

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I don't play UT3 anymore but I am making a CTF map for it, because that is more fun than playing it.

Recently I began playing single player UT2004 again, three out of seven days in a 7 day period because multi-player is for jerks and people with no hats.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well at least you still have the motivation to map for it, M.A.D.X.W. I don't.

Nah, I don't play UT anymore. It has made it's time and the appeal is very low.
I'm left with MW2 and SC2 until something new shows up. Perhaps Bulletstorm and Brink, and the next CoD if decent enough.

If I absolutely have to play a UT online, that would be UT2004. Big time.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd still map for it, but I only map because I enjoyed playing what I've created.
Now that's something difficult for me when I play a game with 0.1 appeal.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I'd love to still be playing UT2004 Assault or UT3 CTF if I could ever find a decent game.

:edit: It's not like anything's really replaced UT for me though, the only multiplayer games I play at the moment are L4D and Rock Band.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
This is a subforum? I thought this was all there was on BU
:stupid:

I've never actually played the original Unreal. like the very first title, the singleplayer game about Nali and Skaarj and stuff? never played it. have no idea what it's about. have no interest in ever playing it. I also never played the sequel, Unreal 2, with the purty graphics but the same singleplayer format continuing the story from Unreal. and I also have zero interest in that.

it was UT99 that simultaneously turned me into a PC gamer and solidified my love for first-person shooters. prior to that, I thought video gaming revolved around platformers, Mario, and Sonic. I became obsessed with UT in short order. it was the first time I ever saw such an active community built around a single game. and of course there was so much you could do with it between modding and mapping.

most people don't know this, but I was a member of the Ghost Dogs clan (under the alias "shaGGy") for the UT realism mod Infiltration. my "name" can still be found on one of the equipment lockers in this map that was made by another Ghost Dog.

man, UT99 was the greatest.
and UT2k4 was definitely the last, best UT game. I've still got 99' installed for nostalgic purposes, but I rarely fire it up. 2k4 is still installed, and it gets played a little more often, though not much. I was a beta tester for the 2K4 mods Atlantis Fight for Earth and Defense Alliance 2 before I stopped playing regularly.

I bought UT3 because I thought, hey what could possibly go wrong?
big mistake.
aside from everything being nice and pretty, I couldn't stand the gameplay and haven't looked back since. my UT3 box currently serves as a dust collector and space-taker-upper.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I also never played the sequel, Unreal 2, with the purty graphics but the same singleplayer format continuing the story from Unreal.

Unreal 2 has absolutely nothing to do with Unreal save for the fact it includes Skaarj - entirely different part of the timeline.

it was UT99 that simultaneously turned me into a PC gamer and solidified my love for first-person shooters. prior to that, I thought video gaming revolved around platformers, Mario, and Sonic.

Prior to first person shooters like Quake and Unreal, gaming DID revolve around the big platforming titles, that's where the money and player base was. PC gaming and the FPS genre really exploded around the Quake 3 / UT days.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Unreal 2 has absolutely nothing to do with Unreal save for the fact it includes Skaarj - entirely different part of the timeline.

Prior to first person shooters like Quake and Unreal, gaming DID revolve around the big platforming titles, that's where the money and player base was. PC gaming and the FPS genre really exploded around the Quake 3 / UT days.
RTSes did really well back then too.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I play both UT3 and Q3A as suggested by both my avatar and signature. I'm usually cross-mapping between the two, writing maps from each other's game, and bring it to the other, sort of a "Unification" mission that I'm on.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I've basically stopped playing any games on PC since my gaming rig died on me. I don't have the money to afford anything that would even barely run. I'm stuck on an old computer I found laying around. It runs, so I'm not complaining.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I fire up UT2K4 once in a great while when I know some old friends are still playing. I don't really touch UT99 or UT3 anymore.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Nope. UT3 died to me a few months after it came out and no one I know plays UT, not UT99. Why people insist on calling it that I will never know, maybe the stupid naming scheme of UT2k3/2k4 is to blame but its dumb.