DM-Q3ArenaG8 Final Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

faderide

Far beyond driven
The Avatar? Not sure where it originally comes from.
Just found it one night after searching many avatar sites after drinking a few too many brewskis. Just picked something that best represented the "inner"..lol

Major improvements over the first beta! Looking good.
The noise for the fire seemed a little too much like static, I'd pick a "beefier' fire noise..imo.
The tounge area looks much impoved, but if you look hard enough you still see a little chunkiness. Go to the base of the tounge and look straight up. Hard to notice in gameplay, but something the "reviewers" will catch.
Like the statues bettter than the four flames before.

I know your still tweaking lighting, but the candles need something. The original had skull head torches?
Textures look good, and you got a good atmosphere going on.
Thats about it I guess. Looking good, filled it up with some bots and had alot of fun with it. Its the best remake I've seen of this
map so far.

As far as slowing down the sky ...just go to your sky info zone properties, then go to zone light and adjust the numbers for texupan speed and texvpan speed.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by faderide
Just found it one night after searching many avatar sites after drinking a few too man brewskis. Just picked something that best represented the "inner"..lol

The inner you wears way too much make-up and is need of a hair cut???

j/k!

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by faderide
Just found it one night after searching many avatar sites after drinking a few too man brewskis. Just picked something that best represented the "inner"..lol

Major improvements over the first beta! Looking good.
The noise for the fire seemed a little too much like static, I'd pick a "beefier' fire noise..imo.
The tounge area looks much impoved, but if you look hard enough you still see a little chunkiness. Go to the base of the tounge and look straight up. Hard to notice in gameplay, but something the "reviewers" will catch.
Like the statues bettter than the four flames before.

I know your still tweaking lighting, but the candles need something. The original had skull head torches?
Textures look good, and you got a good atmosphere going on.
Thats about it I guess. Looking good, filled it up with some bots and had alot of fun with it. Its the best remake I've seen of this
map so far.
the "chunkiness" that i think you are refering to is now gone and the "roof" of the mouth that goes to the ceiling is a little curvier now. i'm not good with the 2d editor or i would have made the mouth better and also made the skull candles like in the origional. and thats the best fire sound i could find, but i will look harder. i also think its the best conversion of arenagate :lol:

thanx and i'm glad you like it.

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
people I'm gonna have to call it quits on the map. every other time i rebuild it i get huge bsp/hom errors. as of now theres no hom erros but a few little spots i think are bsp holes. i fixed the speed of the clouds made the mouth look a little better and removed 99% of the dynamic lighting, i hope you enjoy it..........

i'll upolad it to my site soon and let you know so you can dl it there insted of waiting for it on nc ;)

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
FAR ... BEYOND DRIVEN ...

"The new album is going to be abrasive, it's going to be sickening, it's going to hard to listen to, and it's going to kick you in the fockin' balls and *****. We're not going to write a good album. We're going to write an album that makes you say, 'What ... is wrong ... with ... them?'" -- Phil Anselmo

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
well its finished! its basically the same as the final beta except for lighting and the 2 cloud tex's are going the same way. i also put these little lava things in the candle rooms, just for looks.......

faderide

Far beyond driven
The new album is going to be abrasive, it's going to be sickening, it's going to hard to listen to, and it's going to kick you in the fockin' balls and *****. We're not going to write a good album. We're going to write an album that makes you say, 'What ... is wrong ... with ... them?'" -- Phil Anselmo

Pantera good. Yes!