DM-1on1-Tregeagle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

paranoia

I think I'm paranoid
Might i ask what you's think of my latest map? Heh, I would post some screenies but i am dumb and don't know how to do it. . . :shy:

All comments welcome and if your heaps friendly you can leave a comment in that comments thingy with my map. . .(i'm wary of a few that are already there. . .) Its for UT btw

buhbye

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
paranoia said:
Might i ask what you's think of my latest map? Heh, I would post some screenies but i am dumb and don't know how to do it. . . :shy:

All comments welcome and if your heaps friendly you can leave a comment in that comments thingy with my map. . .(i'm wary of a few that are already there. . .) Its for UT btw

buhbye

when you are trying to post a new post(awww silly english) look for the link "manage attachments". the pop up screen lets you browse for your single screenshots and then hit ok. try to only upload gifs or jpgs. I really like to see some screenshots sicne I dont have ut1 anymore.

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
i d/l'd that when i saw it in the latest maps in NC, but havent played it yet, since when i extracted the files to their relevant directories i realised it was packed with a directory structure, so i tried again just extracting to the UT root dir, and still no sucess, and i havent been bothered to do a find to manually copy the files to the right dirs

please please please dont pack zips with directory structures :( makes it a pain in the ass

all b1tching aside, ill post here within a day or two :)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
paranoia said:
eeek, i hope i did this right. . .i really need to get out more heheh

god how embarassing, i swear i have to be the only retard whos done it like that sigh
man, I've seen that pic already while browsing the latest files on nc. the screenie looks very interesting. what a shame that its for good old ut1.

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
nice effect with those red corona :) original at least, though maybe that area should have been sealed with a collision hull to stop a player lighting it up with a rocket. it felt quite a bit like 1on1-Ictus with its theme, looked very good, though it felt a little overscaled and un-tight(open isnt quite the right term) for 1on1 methinks. there were probably too many creaks with the wood. overall, nice map nicely done :)

paranoia

I think I'm paranoid
Thanks darth. . .I know i kinda did go overboard with the creaks, but i only finally figured out how to do it, and i guess i kinda just ran with it :)
Scale seems to be a big problem with my maps, i guess it's something i'll have to work on. . .and too roomy? I thought it was gonna be too small ;)

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Top map. I already made comments in the map's page. Architecture wise, the worst thing was that there were some places with details where they don't really add much (outside, there were some supports that connect from the very outer walkway to the "central ceiling bar" that runs down the middle. That doesn't really notice too much ingame, so there are prolly around 50 polys wasted in that one spot which would have been better used as some pillars running up the outside wall which atm, is a bit bare.
Also, the build is a bit sloppy where you haven't merged polys.
So I tried it all out, I removed those small pillars, and merged all polys and at the outside area the polys dropped from 548 down to 444...so that's 100 polys you could be spending making other stuff look better, or just having a lower polycount. 100 polys is a LOT in UT :)

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
paranoia said:
Thanks darth. . .I know i kinda did go overboard with the creaks, but i only finally figured out how to do it, and i guess i kinda just ran with it :)
Scale seems to be a big problem with my maps, i guess it's something i'll have to work on. . .and too roomy? I thought it was gonna be too small ;)

d00d, you want it to be able to run on fawn's rig, which means no more than 40 polys on a screen at one time

BIGBLUEYES

Beam me up!
Apr 3, 2002
QUEBEC, CANADA
Visit site
Man, this is very nice stuff! especially the subtile lighting, that blueish full moon nite light is well done. Archi is questionable but the overall atmoshere is the best thing in your map imo. :cool: