Disappearing menus

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Codename46

Nov 1, 2008
Hey

I just installed UT and patch 451 with INF mod and I have this huge problem on the menu.

Sometimes when I hover over one of the menu options (like "System", or "Game) it disappears and I won't be able to do things like tweak settings or customize loadout until I restart the game.

The game runs fine on my laptop, which has an Integrated Intel Media Accelerator 950 or something like that.

My desktop specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
2GB DDR2-800 RAM
PNY Geforce 8800GT 512MB PCI-e.

Any help is appreciated.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, I'm no expert, but why are you using the 451 patch? IIRC Inf is supposed to run on 436 and from what I could gather 451 might cause trouble with UT - I'm running on 436 and it runs fine. Are you running Windows or Linux?

Just a few other general guidelines for making Inf run on a modern day system:
- Since you're running on AMD there's a AMD dual core optimizer around somewhere (threads regarding game speed should have links).
- Make sure UT/Inf runs only on one core
- Use Chris OpenGL driver when using OpenGL mode (which I strongly recommend)

Well, if I can be of any help you're on worse trouble than you thought..