Destrukt vs XS|Pain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dayzed

Dec 24, 2000
Visit site
Yeah the demo won't run for me as well ..I followed all the cshp nonsense to the letter and it seemingly starts to load up but never come on screen ....is their some sort of demo running programme because the inbuilt UT one is extremely unreliable for me ?

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
cshp is one part of it. But you will also need the latest version of the game 436 and all the bouns packs and maps played. Also start it from the consol and not by clicking on it in the system directory (if you have that player)

Hope you can see them :)

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
15-9 is totally owned? I watched the demo and it was a pretty close match...I'd say being owned would be like when I played Firewall and I lost 27-0. That's being owned.

I think that it was a good match (on Deck at least) and some of those battles were just so damn close. There were a couple of times when Pain would go down but Destrukt would limp out with around 25 health.

I'd love to see them play 3 rounds of Deck in a row, and see who'd take the best of those three.

-I_AM

{WAC}DJ JaKe

Wild And Cruel
Dec 11, 2000
Toronto
www.wildandcruel.cjb.net
Thing wont play. i got that cshp file, installed it, still didnt run. I enter in the console "demoplay 1" and nothing happens, 'cept for the fact that 1.dem appears on the black UT screen, and just sits liek that. anyone have any luck yet?

SilentStrike

Jun 18, 2000
Visit site
Totally owned was in a game with me vs Esca on Deck. I lost 38 to neg 3.

Still, he was the one getting owned, I killed him with the goo once ;).

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
By totally owned I meant Destrukt was reading Pain to a tee. I don't think Pain was doing as well. He got outplayed but yeah he was mounting a comeback..only he ran out of time...IMO
People having problems with the demos someone pointed out above you also need the 4 bonus packs and patch 436 besides the CHSP stuff. If it's still not working I'm sorry I can't help with that it's beyond me.:(

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
BTW you need CSHP4 not CSHP4c to view that demo...

My two cents...Pain looked rattled right from the start in the Deck game. Having someone peering over their shoulder is more than half the game when their skills in aiming and dodging match. Destrukt showed Pain no respect when he charged him near the start...second frag from memory, pain got him with a rocket but it must have made Pain re evaulate his every move from then on because it was kinda unexpected.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Originally posted by Xhalted1
Firewall beat ya 27-0? Ouch!

Must have been Liandri! Am I right?

yeap...how'd you know? seemed like everywhere I went...boom...a shock combo would go off and I'd see gibs all over. it was really wonderful.

It really makes me nervous that SilentStrike lost 38-3...man Silent...I'm going to stay far FAR away from Esca.

-I_AM

Eviscerator|PuF

The Bungle in the Jungle
Mar 19, 2001
Visit site
I downloaded the demo from XS reality, deck 16, and got CSHP4 and 4c. I have vers 436 and all 4 bonus packs. I put the demo in my system folder and put the CSHP in there also. I started up UT, started a practice session, when it loaded, i brought down console and type demoplay 61
it gave an error message to the effect of it couldn't read it. I really wanna watch this though, any help?

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
You don't need to start a practice... At least I don't... I start the demo from the main screen... pull the system console meny down and "demoplay xxxxxx.dem" voila!

Eviscerator|PuF

The Bungle in the Jungle
Mar 19, 2001
Visit site
I looked in the log and here is what it says every time.
"Log: Attempting to play demo 61.dem
NetComeGo: Close DemoRecConnection0 04/04/01 01:20:51
Log: Closing down demo driver."

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
ah the demo I got was called destrukt_xspain_ogl_deck16.zip not 61...I think maybe you have to download again and maybe try to right click and save as...yes I got it from xsreality. 61 sounds supsicously like you have download the asp page rather than the demo ...or something.

Get UT Demo watcher...

http://www.badct.de/utdw.php3

Its a simple windows extenstion that allows you to watch any dem file just by clicking on it in explorer ...it also sets stuff like ?timedemo automatically. Its wonderful as you can leave dems zipped up and store them anywhere not just in the system directory...makes dems very easy to manage.

Eviscerator|PuF

The Bungle in the Jungle
Mar 19, 2001
Visit site
The file named 61 was within a zip file with the same name you said. It didn't have a .dem extension on it though. I got it from Unreal.xsreality.com i think.
I have been looking for that program though, I heard about it. I will try it. I will also try to download the file again, and maybe from cached.net
I have downloaded it 2 x already though.
[edit]works now[/edit]

Last edited:

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Originally posted by I_AM{skullface}

yeap...how'd you know? seemed like everywhere I went...boom...a shock combo would go off and I'd see gibs all over. it was really wonderful.

It really makes me nervous that SilentStrike lost 38-3...man Silent...I'm going to stay far FAR away from Esca.

-I_AM

I am slowly learning to deal with Liandri. Just got Owned on it last night :( 20-5. So I think I noticed some things that will help.

1) Listen for sounds. (turn off music)
2) If they go in the flak room they will usually come out of the portal leading from the armor.
3) If you here the center lift, combo up to the ramp on the top. (That is where he got ya) Be aware they may have triggered the lift to sneak up on you also. So be on your toes.
4) Use a light skin to keep sounds of running down. Also smaller target.
5) When ever possible keep higher than you enemy.
6) Don't attack till you have a good weapon. Try hiding.
7) Listen. The sound of running and weapon pick-ups will give you a very good idea of where the other player is. When you know where they are you can then tell where they will be most of the time. With alot/some practice you will "know" where they are going.
8) If your getting killed alot. Do the oppossite of what you would normally do. Like take a different direction from the weapons pick-up location. Or even wait there for a few seconds to throw the other player off.
9) Don't be the aggressor all the time. If they have a lead then stay back and wait for them. If you have the lead ,do the same. Don't keep charging at them or they will beat you by a large margin.

Now if I can learn to do all this in a game I will be set :)

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Thanks for the tips Xhalted...I'll definately give that a shot. My clan mate is a god at Peak (yes Peak) and he claims it's all about the sounds. He knows what you picked when you picked it up and where you're going to go next on that map. It's scary.

Eviscerator, you can try to download the demo from our website, we posted it there, see if it works. www.skullface.com/brokenbones.htm

Good luck!

-I_AM

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
I always win at Peak on the pubs. But I llama camp :( Nothing like a shield belt and Shock Rifle with 2 doors an inch from each other to bring out the llama and get you a Godlike. One time I had the whole server trying to charge the room! My first Monster Kill on a DM level. They were not impressed by my feat at all!

The thing is if they would stay away it wouldn't work! But they just keep coming at me. That is the biggest flaw of the whole map I think. That room was designed with the thought of camping it! They did put a ripper in the adjacent room as well as a flak but I have yet to be killed by them.

Besides if I go anywhere else on that level I wind up plunging to my death... alot! :)

Ps. I am only a llama on this map.