Defense Invasion Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
D

DûrSûl

Claustrophobia rlz!!! haha, excelent Resident, good work.

Waiting new maps...

vitriolix

flak junkie
Jul 28, 2004
vitriolix.com
ok, just played with 3 other friends, this is a very nice twist on invasion... i never liked how the alients spawned all over the place before, but the massive oncoming waves of monsters in this is just awsome. thanks for releasing it!

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
That does looks nice and all Resident although I haven't tried it.
But what happend to one of your maps.. which supposed to be a map for Fraghouse Invasion ?
Some while ago you posted on our FHI forum with that map.
Do you still have plans to make one or more "compatible" with FHI?

Last edited by a moderator:

Resident

Sep 20, 2004
Spain
vitriolix said:
ok, just played with 3 other friends, this is a very nice twist on invasion... i never liked how the alients spawned all over the place before, but the massive oncoming waves of monsters in this is just awsome. thanks for releasing it!

Remember to use the Spider Mines wisely if you want to survive the advanced waves ;)
And remember also that the Skaarjs and the Burtes have a bit more health than the ones in normal Invasion :D

Dark_Dust said:
That does looks nice and all Resident although I haven't tried it.
But what happend to one of your maps.. which supposed to be a map for Fraghouse Invasion ?
Some while ago you posted on our FHI forum with that map.
Do you still have plans to make one or more "compatible" with FHI?

Hey Dark_Dust! :) Come on try the Gametype and give me ur opinion :p

I didn't know if post in the FHI SubForum or not.... I didn't wanted to look stupid/egoistic for talking about my released Gametype in a dedicated Mod Thread. But perhaps i give a little message now after this this one, for clearing things. :) I would love to have Parser's opinion also.

I don't know if i still have that map (wich started everything ;) ) called FHI-Claustrophobia. But this FHI-Claustrophobia has nothing to do with the DEF-Claustrophobia. The first version was quite nooby and I don't think is worth the download.

If you want to give it a try on Internet, remember the server IP adress : 83.142.49.8:7777

Thank again for your comments, i like to see people likes it. And BTW, perhaps there will be more than 2 new maps for it ;)

BTW, Nice to see you here K!R, long time no see ;)

Resident.

E

EL_Harto

Very good gametype resident, it's very funny, and online better good job, but i'm waiting for new maps hehe, maybe you can do one like the starship troopers base ^^ it can be awesome

Good job

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Well then Resident, let me refresh your mind a lil bit. You posted here in the FH forum. You've showed us 2 screenies about this map Claustrophobia which seems to have been deleted.
Anyway, I do remember what you've showed us before and I don't see any difference with what you're showing us now.
image.php

So what's up on that?

Resident

Sep 20, 2004
Spain
Dark_Dust said:
Well then Resident, let me refresh your mind a lil bit. You posted here in the FH forum. You've showed us 2 screenies about this map Claustrophobia which seems to have been deleted.
Anyway, I do remember what you've showed us before and I don't see any difference with what you're showing us now.
image.php

So what's up on that?

I used this "corridor" in boths maps, that's all ;) I liked the effect, the lights, the smoke, ... and decided to use it again. But the two maps are quite different.
Finally I didn't released the FHI one because it was just ... like the typical cubical map, so i finally decided to stop making it. Sorry for that.
I decided to grab one or two ideas from that map and place them in this DEF one. You won't miss my map for the FHI, it was way too simple. It's not that i don't want to release the map, but, as any other mapper does, i have several work (AS, CTF, the FHI one...) wich i decide to stop continuing making it, for being simplistic, or not having the ideas clear about what to create... etc etc.

Oh yeah, and the picture : Well, there's no secret. I liked that picture and decided to use it for the Gametype :)

Resident.

Zyklon

Jun 19, 2005
the netherlands
www.zyklon.nl
D-Invasion & RPG

Hi,

I run this gametype on my Invasion Server - but the initial settings we're a real problem, since the server runs witg RPG v2.1 - players also expect to play with RPG.

From the original WaveDifficulty Setting for first wave I'm now running it like this. The thing is,.. how hard is hard? How much can I increase the WaveDifficulty setting? (btw - I tried spawning 140 monsters in wave 16 - but the server crashed at the hight of the wave) :p
Nonetheless - it really kicks ass :D

Waves[0]=(WaveDifficulty=8.000000)
Waves[1]=(WaveDifficulty=8.100000)
Waves[2]=(WaveDifficulty=8.200000)
Waves[3]=(WaveDifficulty=8.300000)
Waves[4]=(WaveDifficulty=8.400000)
Waves[5]=(WaveDifficulty=8.500000)
Waves[6]=(WaveDifficulty=8.600000)
Waves[7]=(WaveDifficulty=8.700000)
Waves[8]=(WaveDifficulty=8.800000)
Waves[9]=(WaveDifficulty=8.900000)
Waves[10]=(WaveDifficulty=9.000000)