Dear Blizzard...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
They are being way too cautious with the game. No matter how perfect they will try to make it, there will always be those people that can never be pleased. They will shun the game because it doesn't feel like Diablo 2.

Blizzard is trying to cater to these people. They didn't delay PVP because Blizzard thought it was bad, they delayed it because of the picky fanbase.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Hmm, I don't see the big deal, I'll play single player until then. :p

What I'm more worried about is the actual game, gameplay, and story itself. Especially with all this nonsense about re-spec any time and the rune system, ect.

Honestly, if they let you respec any time, I will not play the game online, I might not even buy it.

I already hate the real-money auction part of the game... sigh.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
They are being way too cautious with the game. No matter how perfect they will try to make it, there will always be those people that can never be pleased. They will shun the game because it doesn't feel like Diablo 2.

Blizzard is trying to cater to these people. They didn't delay PVP because Blizzard thought it was bad, they delayed it because of the picky fanbase.

I don't buy that one bit. Blizzard's mantra is "when it's finished". Normally Blizzard would do what it takes until they are happy with the feature. Now they're going to release an unfinished game. This is not the Blizzard we know.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008

IMO, if they were catering to the Diablo 2 fanbase, they would be more likely to include PVP right away instead of delaying it or cutting it from the game outright. It seems to me like Blizzard has been cutting corners with their games ever since the merger with Activision.

Keep in mind they're also delaying, redoing, nit-picking the game themselves because they ARE the picky fanbase.

Blizzard's newer teams of devs have proven themselves to be some of the most arrogant, nasty tempered, sarcastic d-bags on the internet. Since around the final days of the BC expansion they have show an increasing inability to accept criticism or even maintain professional mature connection with their community.

Kids these days.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Personally, I find the fact that I still don't have a beta key as some sort of personal attack. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Diablo has PvP? But it's an isometric click/attack game? How good could that be?

Keep in mind they're also delaying, redoing, nit-picking the game themselves because they ARE the picky fanbase.

Blizzard's newer teams of devs have proven themselves to be some of the most arrogant, nasty tempered, sarcastic d-bags on the internet. Since around the final days of the BC expansion they have show an increasing inability to accept criticism or even maintain professional mature connection with their community.

Kids these days.
Never seen evidence of anything but the contrary to this... Weird!
I've never known a developer to have such a good repore with their community, especially one with such a large and active community as they have.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
From the official site. Makes sense to me and I think it's the right decision. If they delay it any more people will start quoting Duke Nukem.

As we’re counting down the days until we’re ready to announce a release date for Diablo III, we’ve come to realize that the PvP game and systems aren’t yet living up to our standards. Today, we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the difficult decision to hold back the PvP Arena system and release it in a patch following the game’s launch. After a lot of consideration and discussion, we ultimately felt that delaying the whole game purely for PvP would just be punishing to everyone who’s waiting to enjoy the campaign and core solo/co-op content, all of which is just about complete.

I have my Collecters edition already pre-ordered:D

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Frost Zealot FTW!

I never gave a crap about Diablo PvP anyway. PvE was what it was about for me, so tbh as long as the co-op element is polished and smooth, I couldn't care less about PvP right now.

Anyway, who cares if you have to wait a little longer to get it? I'd much rather wait a little longer and get a great gaming experience than get a slightly dodgy experience earlier.

I'd much rather developers do this than do what BioWare have done, which is to deliberately make people pay extra of part of the game to milk it for more money. That is unethical as hell and they deserve all the abuse they're getting. Blizzard have simply stated they'd rather release an additional part of the game for free when it's up to standard.

I'm still hacked off about them removing the Paladin though...

Sounds like Epic after about 2001...

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

Lord, I hope not. The Resident Evil series is probably my favorite game franchise, so that would make Capcom my favorite developer by association :D

It does seem likely with this Street Fighter business and the whole Resident Evil 5 multiplayer debacle a couple years ago. If you don't remember that, it was basically Capcom charging money for the multiplayer component of the game.

I guess time will tell.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2554952 said:
I knew DII had pvp but didn't care. To me pvp in rpg's is exceedingly lame. I won't even pvp in mmorpg's. Forced pvp can ruin a rpg for me. I love pvp in fps games though, ... yeah I'm odd.

+1. Pvp in an RPG is lame, and a rather half-assed pvp experience.