Damn Construction... Pointless Construction

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
They're doing some work down the street on the water piping, (like they do every f**king year, for some reason they need to replace the piping even when it works perfectly fine), and now I hear a gurgling noise coming from the pipes... but nothing flowing. Yeah, that's absolutely grand.

Apparently a lot of the money in Broward County (thanks to the lowlife corruption and backroom politics that goes on here), goes to construction. Yeah, they recently reconstructed the golf courses in my subdivision, and yeah, they recently added shrubbery to the median of the road to make it look prettier, but it could be going towards other things. Took them 15 months just to redo the damn golf courses.

Florida and them old peoples.

State jokes: Old people, alligators, flamingos (non-native species surprsingly), theme parks, and oranges.

Made me think of this:
[m]http://youtu.be/UNIkBMPVSRQ[/m]

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wouldn't make much of a difference considering the population demographics in South Florida.

But.... yeah, Sausalito in California don't sound too bad right about now. Got plans to move out there in a year.

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
They're tearing up the road down the street from me in a very heavy traffic area during rush hour. It makes driving through there a real bitch. The really ironic part is I can't see any real difference between how things look now and how they were before other then uselessly blocked off lanes and congestion.

Putting 'merica to work baby!!

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
More like

Hey you hear when this very important hospital will be finished?
Hey you hear when the replacement bridge for the one that could collapse any day will actually start to be built?
Hey you hear when the replacement highway exchange to replace the one that could collapse any day will actually start to be built?

Yeah, they wait that long. And they still want to wait longer.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
While it's obvious that the infrastructure needs fixing, arbitrary things such as golf courses shouldn't be on the list of things to repair. I may have not gotten the message out the way I had intended to.

Yes, I-595 is a hugely busy road, but golf courses are pointless endeavors.

Last edited:

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
This picture ALWAYS makes me laugh! :)

pic20222.jpg

Continue your conversations..