Daikatana to be remade in UE3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually, John Romero was actually pretty good when he was with id Software, working on the original series of the Doom franchise, and the first Quake game, iirc. However, he just got pretty unpopular after he left Carmack and Company, but...I'm pretty sure he'll bounce back sooner than later.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I'd try it. Never played the original. I know it is hyped as the worst game or biggest letdown in gaming history but I usually love things that are considered bad.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I'd try it. Never played the original. I know it is hyped as the worst game or biggest letdown in gaming history but I usually love things that are considered bad.

If you can stand the weird AI and somehow bug filled game and high difficulty (sometimes really ridiculous), then I am sure you can enjoy the singleplayer game. Also working with sidekicks together is a bit of art indeed, at least you have lots of commands to guve them so they won't charge blindly to an action.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I bought Daikatana, mostly to find out how bad it was...you could not finish the game inbox. I had to use some cheats along the way. And I quickly got tired of Superfly Johnson. "Hiro's Dead"...just about the most obnoxious acting ever.
A good game will keep you enthralled, this didnt, it was a sickening endeavor trying to finish it. It needs a lot of fixing to be really good, but a game has to has this "Aura" about it to be good. NOT for Daikatana.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I bought Daikatana, mostly to find out how bad it was...you could not finish the game inbox. I had to use some cheats along the way. And I quickly got tired of Superfly Johnson. "Hiro's Dead"...just about the most obnoxious acting ever.
A good game will keep you enthralled, this didnt, it was a sickening endeavor trying to finish it. It needs a lot of fixing to be really good, but a game has to has this "Aura" about it to be good. NOT for Daikatana.

:rolleyes:
I think Johnson was actually funny with those cries. It is hard, really it is, but it is finishable without cheats as well. It didn't age well, but the game isn't that bad. On really modern machines(past 2008) (or perhaos its OS problem) there are unlit masked textures and shiny weapons don't work, which kinda get in my way.
Okay the first episode is really unfair in its difficulty at some levels, even I still have problems with the last level of episode 1 to finish it, but it is not bad, to me at least. Try it in coop, I am running coop server btw...(although not sure if it's viewable by others, not sure if I forwarded ports right, I run two other servers, one blue shift coop and other one, Unreal coop with my mods), no annoying sidekicks there for you.

There was also daikatana deathmatch standalone release in 2007 which was sanctinioned even by Romero and it is completelly free. The deathmatch is a blast.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
:rolleyes:
I think Johnson was actually funny with those cries. It is hard, really it is, but it is finishable without cheats as well. It didn't age well, but the game isn't that bad. On really modern machines(past 2008) (or perhaos its OS problem) there are unlit masked textures and shiny weapons don't work, which kinda get in my way.
Okay the first episode is really unfair in its difficulty at some levels, even I still have problems with the last level of episode 1 to finish it, but it is not bad, to me at least. Try it in coop, I am running coop server btw...(although not sure if it's viewable by others, not sure if I forwarded ports right, I run two other servers, one blue shift coop and other one, Unreal coop with my mods), no annoying sidekicks there for you.

There was also daikatana deathmatch standalone release in 2007 which was sanctinioned even by Romero and it is completelly free. The deathmatch is a blast.

The only genuinely good chapter is Chapter 2. The others go from average to pure ****.