UT3 CTF-Stratus Released [PC][V1.2]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I have found some collision issues. Don't know if it's the same ones you found. Posting away:

Some of those look valid and some cannot be fix and some im thinking "you are supposed to be able to go there.. but I dont know why you would try lol"

I just spent 6 hours getting another build, those dont look worth fixing
(as much as I would like to, a build for my map takes a long time, and sometimes I have to rebuild as it does not always do the lightmaps as I want)

Im seriously going to look into some of those, because some im thinking "that's impossible, you must be standing INSIDE a blocking volume?!"

EDIT: FIXED

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Some I am crouched and hiding in mesh with no collisions.

They didn't upload in order though, I can tell you though:

Picture 4: missing collision - I am not crouching, use translocator to teleport between pipes in \/ pattern, and you can go there inside meshes.
Picture 5: missing collision - I am crouching, you cannot stand up, transloc while crouching onto the pipes, and you can hide inside the pipe.
Picture 6: missing collision - Same as 4, except with flag you cannot transloc, use hammerjump instead
Picture 9: missing collision (You get stuck in a falling position, you can't move but you're covered from anything) - I am not crouching, just translocated there
Picture 10: missing collision - I am crouching, you cannot get up, transloc while crouching and hide in pipe mesh
Picture 11: missing collision - crouch and you can slowly walk inside

And apparently I missed one picture, can't upload but it's right next to the Picture 11 spot, there is the fence you can jump on, and you can walk a bit inside the arrow mesh and the metal mesh as well, just like with the lamp and the metal mesh.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Thanks Darkdrium, Iv fixed most of these, you seem pretty good at looking for issues like this, my testers found only one, I will have to have you on my beta testers list for next time :)

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Ok version 1.2 is available above. I had a private version 1.2 file on mediafire that was not finished nor did I announce a release but seems 1500 people downloaded it somehow?!. If you are one of those people and you downloaded before the time of this post then you need to replace it with this file.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Interesting view outside with detail and great mesh work and, woohoo, blinding sun (of course, that's what it's supposed to do). I loved all the moving items/fans/stuff and the bots are decent enough. This map has excellent layout and great flow with a flag base that may be hard to defend but it's still fun. Where is this water people speak of.;) collision issues? (just don't go there):)

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Significant! 5/5

Insatiable layout and visuals in one single shot about this map. Good connectivity with the static meshes alright, mostly made with the rotating wheels and pipes; and in the outside too including the sea and of course the good ol' sun. A perfect innovation about the ambient sounds: most of them are machine, electricity, hissing, prototype, wind and water sounds (usually I'm interested to hear some awesome sound effects in my opinion). This map is worth seeing though even some old/new players will mostly like this feature, not even the bots seem enough well to play. :)

Two direct downloads:
ftp://ftp.unreal.ie/unreal.ie/ut3/maps/ctf/CTF-Stratus_1_2.7z
http://www.americangamerz.com/downloads/UT3/Individual Maps/CTF-Stratus_1_2.zip

Two indirect downloads:
http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3142

PS3 Version:
http://www.ut3mod.com/2011/09/ctf-map-stratus.html

Review by Firefly:
http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/?page_id=4501