CTF-Arete BETA TESTERS NEEDED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Cool map but it's got a few problems :D

The bots are SPED, i've got the tutorials bookmarked but they don't do the pathing for you :/

I'm aware that a wall in both the Red and Blue base near the body armor are both not *working*. What i don't know is how to fix them :/

The upper middle room is boring ( leads to the deemer). I've got 50 polys to spare and i've run outa decorational ideas.

The Block Alls and Block Players aren't working, i'll try redoing them so they work :/ ( you aren't supposed to fall right into the deemer thing.)

You'll need these texpacks for the map:

http://www.chrysaor.org/sgtech.zip
http://www.chrysaor.org/richrig.zip

Oh, and here's several pictures to entice you...

blueflag.jpg

redflag.jpg

redboiler.jpg

tunnel.jpg

pool.jpg

topview.jpg

computer.jpg

middle.jpg

ah, and finally the map! CTF-Arete(BETA)

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
I'll download in a sec. (Still have to finish Rukees Toberus][)
Oh, already got it!

Well, those screenies look *extremely* nice! /me is looking forward to helping you getting this obviously great map released.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
awww, shucks guys look at the map first :B

It's got flaws, my normal Beta testers weren't all that wild about it :/

There used to my ****ty loking maps that just play well, this one is SUPPOSED to look nice, but we'll see how it plays...

faderide

Far beyond driven
Finally got to play it.
Noticed some type of a bsp hole or somethiing in that outdoor tunnel. I dropped into something and got the ole "Hall of Mirrors" effect. (This might have been one of those bugs you said you were aware of...can't remember)
Some of the outdoor rock textures need more aligning. They look good, theres just a few pieces here and there that look like the texture needs rotated 90 degrees and tweaked.
Noticed a place under some fence floor-ceiling where the light on the floor was missing the "fence shadow"...I saw the light source above the fence floor, but none below.
I personally would little more weaponage , but thats just the way
I like it.
I might lower the number of textures used to kind of more of a theme feel going. With so many different textures I didnt get of feel of being in a specific "atmosphere" --for lack of better terms.

I liked the map. I liked the connectivity for a CTF map. You definately got some cool architecture in there, and with a little light, and texture tweaking, etc.. I think youll have damn good map.

faderide

Far beyond driven
Finally got to play it.
Noticed some type of a bsp hole or somethiing in that outdoor tunnel. I dropped into something and got the ole "Hall of Mirrors" effect. (This might have been one of those bugs you said you were aware of...can't remember)
Some of the outdoor rock textures need more aligning. They look good, theres just a few pieces here and there that look like the texture needs rotated 90 degrees and tweaked.
Noticed a place under some fence floor-ceiling where the light on the floor was missing the "fence shadow"...I saw the light source above the fence floor, but none below.
I personally would little more weaponage , but thats just the way
I like it.
I might lower the number of textures used to kind of more of a theme feel going. With so many different textures I didnt get of feel of being in a specific "atmosphere" --for lack of better terms.

I liked the map. I liked the connectivity for a CTF map. You definately got some cool architecture in there, and with a little light, and texture tweaking, etc.. I think youll have damn good map.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Mostly agreed, II noticed that the lighting outside was WAY too bright! You've got greenings all over the place, it just looks oversaturated.

And about the BSPs: Try loading your map in UED, exporting it and then importing it into a whole new file, I think this should do it.

Bye then, gg to school ;)

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Yep, this is the same as the Arete V2. This is Chrysaor's lost CTF map. Well there are actually two of them. I spent about 100 hours on this one, and it included the SGTech and richrig tex paxs. The red base was SG, and the blue was richrig. There was a lot of cool stuff in it, but the playability and bots sucked so much i had to scrap it. If i dont' feel comfortable releasing a map I don't. I've done this with several other CTF DM maps as well. (4 CTF, and 3 DM I think)

About August of last year I spent an entire month of the summer working on a Skaarj themed CTF, it was pretty small, but Uber detailed. It had a terrain brush as well. I encountered a rebuild problem, and couldn't circumnavigate it, tho I tryed to save the map for a full week :( That was one of my favorites, all I had to do was get the bases copied, but it never let me, so it's still on my HD with just one base.

Sorry to drag on, I have no intention of releasing those two maps, I've got other work to do.