Crazy pawn settings idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
Originally posted by The ultimate novice
Is it possible to have a scripted pawn who is non-solid, non-interactive
Just use a carcass with all the collision set to 0. deco>carcass>creature carcass.
.... translucent and special lit

cracass prop. > dispaly > style > STY_Translucent

special lit :confused: wtf ?? try ambientglow or someother effect. or did u mean unlit. theres a setting for that under display :)

I want to have a ghost in my latet map :D

:cool:

Kongstad-Sas

-=[Techno Dancer]=-
May 3, 2001
Denmark
www.kongstad-design.dk
Ghost,,, nice ass idea! I could use that for my oldie haunted church map :)

Anyway that spaceship map, had a cool effect, but it was a particle effect mesh ( I think ) that was used. There is a tutorial about that somewhere....feck, can't remember where it is :( Sorry!:)

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
A Carcass won't do, and yes; Special Lit. I want the "ghost" to walk by a special light, look at the player, then move on. It will fade in as it approaches the light, and fade out as it leaves.

d00d couldnt u just use an attach mover :D . i mean the original pawns will move tool realisticly maybe this way they can float up and down like a ghost......

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
I made a ghost once by accident. I was fooling around with pawn properties and then I made a trigger so when you walk by it it falls from the ceiling. It went splat though and gibs went everywhere so it wasn't really ghost like at that point ^_^

Well, there is a very easy way to do it: import your custom model, place a decorations>intro ship into the map, set all the properties, etc. (set the mesh to your model), then set the speed to whatever you want. Now just set up a trigger for when you want the thing to start moving, and bam - you have a ghost floating by your light at the touch of a trigger. And my space bar squeaks.

Eater.