Cool or Lame?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
cool...

play the last few seconds and you dont respawn until it finishes playing so if you want to see it you have to wait to get back to the action,

take it a step further and do a slow-mo instant replay of the last 3-5 seconds of a match on the winning player or flag stand thats displayed to all. :)

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
I see 2 negative points to see that feature WHILE we play.

-first, as I mentionned before, it could reveal to the other where you re hidden when you camp (and sorry, but camping is just a part of the game as any other aspects)
-second, a replay of 10 seconds could be used to save some time before you respawn. let s consider that you ve been fragged 10 times and you wanna watch each of these death then you re away from the pitch during 1mn 40 s. if you get the lead these 1mn40s could be a great advantage if saved.

The only place where I could consider a replay would be at the very end of the game while we wait for the new map. we could then imagine that you could see the replays of the last 3 frags you wish to see and that you ve marked with CAP LOCK while you played.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
1- No one really likes campers, and the game does a great many things to deter them anyways.

2- It would probably be disabled with force-respawn on, and currently, you don't need to watch a replay if you really think "not spawning" will allow you some sort of tactical advantage. You can do it anyways.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Peregrine said:
I've always wanted this feature. I think it would totally rock.

After you get killed you can press CAPS LOCK or something else and it will replay the last 5-10 seconds so you can see your death from a 3rd person view.

Cool or lame?

I wouldn`t use this feature :eek:

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
-AEnubis- said:
1- No one really likes campers, and the game does a great many things to deter them anyways.

It s not a matter of "like" or "dislike" campers, it s a matter of leaving the choice to anyone to play the way they wish without having a replay that destroy it.
Don t misunderstand me, I am not a camper apologist, I just accept and respect any kind of playing style since it is part of the game. But if Epic is really willing to deter this kind of playing style then they should announce to anyone on the pitch when and where someone is camping as they do in Last Man Standing.

and a last opinion that have nothing to do with this thread, I am actually admirative when i meet a camper that succeed to reach some unexpected/unknown/selective spots, these one deserve respect just in regard of their creativity and/or jumping skills. BUT Of course these kind of campers who stand for ages with a full charged SG in the translocator exit of the deemer platform in Deck17 don t deserve any respect at all.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
So just go the old fashioned way and make an option to watch them or not watch them :p

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I was simply illustrating the fact that Epic has done things to deter camping before (warning in LMS, trail on the LtG, traces on mini-bullets, better blocking volumes, etc), and that this would't be any different.

A good camper will simply exploit the tactical advantage of his position whether or not the target knows he's there. It shouldn't matter that they know he's there. If it is a good spot, knowing he's there, doesn't even garuntee you can get there yourself (jumping skill etc).