Computer Problems/Upgrades/Info

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bad-Target

Aug 29, 2002
East Coast, USA
Visit site
As you all know I have been having problems with TS latley. It starts a loop at various times and will not stop. Then trying to ALt+ESc to minimize UT so that I can the ctrl+Alt+Delete so that I cha shut down TS will occasionally cause me to crash. I am using the new version of TS and 2225V of UT . It might be my sound card, but I am not sure about that. I did notice that with in the windows sound settings that I had the right drivers loaded. But, I also noticed that I didn't load the Sound blaster Software manger program. Could that be the problem.?

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
«BuA»Bad-Target said:
As you all know I have been having problems with TS latley. It starts a loop at various times and will not stop. Then trying to ALt+ESc to minimize UT so that I can the ctrl+Alt+Delete so that I cha shut down TS will occasionally cause me to crash. I am using the new version of TS and 2225V of UT . It might be my sound card, but I am not sure about that. I did notice that with in the windows sound settings that I had the right drivers loaded. But, I also noticed that I didn't load the Sound blaster Software manger program. Could that be the problem.?

Try updating your sound card drivers. Also, which version of DirectX are you up to?
Version 9 is out, and available @ the Windows Update site.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
What my computer will be when it's done:

TAZTG Original Case (Sweeeeeet) =]
Intel P4 2.8Ghz 800FSB
1 Gig of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM ( got a discount since the guys messed up ) =]
Asus P4P800 Motherboard
Western Digital 7200rpm 80Gig HardDrive
LG 16X DVD Rom
LG 52x24x52 CD burner
SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer Sound Card
Windows XP Pro (english version)
Logitech MX500 optical mouse
Keyboard to be determined
Viewsonic 19" Flat screen Monitor
GeForce FX5900 Ultra Vid card

I found some spiral wrap at an electronics store close to where I live. ( Drove an hour in a near city to find some, nada, zip, zilch. Damn stores that have everything but that.)

Last edited:

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Damn DEV, Thats one serious system. Don't forget that the ram is 3200, thats kicking man.. :) :)

Last edited:

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Damn that clear tube looks Sweet. Good Job DEV. Move over TAZTG we have another Case Modder. ;)

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
TAZ HELP!!!

Status of my computer:

DVD pluged in
Burner pluged in
Floppy pluged in
HDD pluged in
Vid Card pluged in
MotherBoard pluged in

Do I need to plug these wires and where do they go?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 26

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
If you got power to all your drives, you don't need to worry about the other power cords (white/clear plugs), but what do those black plugs trace back to?

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
«BuA»Devastator said:
TAZ HELP!!!

Status of my computer:

DVD pluged in
Burner pluged in
Floppy pluged in
HDD pluged in
Vid Card pluged in
MotherBoard pluged in

Do I need to plug these wires and where do they go?

OK, lets see if we can help ya sort this out.

This Connector Here is the AuxPower
auxpw.jpg
and
does not plug into your MoBo. You can remove the Spiral Wrap and try to hide it behind something. I actually cut mine off to get it completely out of the way.
This Connector is for
fanonly.jpg
Fan Only and IMOP a complete waste of time. Hide that one also.

The Gray Cable with all those pins are for the Front USB and Firewall Ports. Some MOBO's have expandable USB and Fireport connectors on them and thats where you could plug them in. Refer to yourMOBo Manual. If you don't use USB and Firewire all that much odds are you don't need to hook them up. Hide those suckers to.

You should have 3 Power Connectors plugged into your MOBO. Main ATX, the Small Square One 12V, and a regular looking Molex 12V. The rest plug into the HD's Graphic Card etc.

The Fan Only and AuxPower is not needed and the Front Ports aren't needed. Hope that helps!!

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
FrAgIsM* said:
I posted in the other thread that i will be getting a new CPU or maybe even a whole new mother board. TAZ your the expert what would you get?

That depends on what your willing to spend and what you prefer AMD or INTEL. If you really want a Killer Rig and money then I could make a few suggestions. I see you want a new Mobo and CPU. Does this also mean new RAM??? If not then you have to match your current ram up with whats on the market.

Here's a High End Suggestion:
CPU: Pentium 4-3.2 GHz Processor Retail Box - $394
Cooling: Included - N/A
Motherboard: ABIT IC7-MAX3 - $207
Memory: Corsair XMS 1GB PC-3200 LLPRO (2X512) - $328

Or My Current Favorite:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Retail - $425
Cooling: Included - $0
Motherboard: Asus K8V Deluxe - $138
Memory: Corsair XMS 1GB PC-3200 LLPRO (2X512) - $328

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
The speed2k proggy (available here: http://www.tweakpc.com/Internet.htm) was brought to my attention by {TDC}Matrix. He posted the results he got from DSLReports. Here they are:

Matrix:
Download:7553 kbps
Upload:984 kbps

Mine:
Download:2931 kbps
Upload:377 kbps

Seeing he has more than twice of what I have, I'm considering trying it. I know that BC and TAZ don't need it but for us high ping fraggers it might be something to look into. I'm waiting on some feedback from him. I'll keep you informed.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
There are lots of Sites and Programs that can help you tweak your Cable Modem. I am not sure if it will help ya with PING to Servers so far away.
I tried to access the Speedcorp Site its not there anymore but a search revealed quite a few hits.
http://www.cable-modems.org/links/