Compotition Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PURITy Kin

Oct 26, 2003
Benalla, Vic, Australia.
Visit site
Hey Guys.

Ive been getting into ut2003 heaps recently. but i must say, most of the deathmatch maps that come with the game arnt very... how do you say... good to duel on.

sure, dm-gael and dm-ocianic are cool, but i want more.

what maps do you really love to play?

what are the maps being played in comps?

i live out in the country, and though we have small comps every known and then at the local computer store, were not exactly in with teh whole scene... and live to far away form it to get in with whats going on.
and to make things worse, the phone componie that dominates our area (Telstra), dont believe laying cables in our area will be benificial to there componie... and dsl is just way to expansive in the country... dammit! so yeah.. id join a heap of survers and see what was going on, but a 500+ ping isnt really worth the trubble.

i gotta get my drivers license and move...dammit.

so yeah, what maps are the good tournamet maps?
we mainly play dm and ctf... so i guess there the kinds of maps im after.. hehe.

anyway, thanks alot.
Tim.

Ictus

Just Eggs
May 30, 2001
Raliegh, NC
www.worstkind.com
PURITy Kin said:
oh yeah.. im also after a good version of ctf-face for ut2003... its so hard to find a good one.. anyone know of the best version out there? feel free to let me know.

Tim

one of the CTF maps in the community bonus pack is kinda face-like. I think it was called tech-dream. Not exactly a true port but it's more finished than most face conversions. I haven't actually played it so I can't recommend it gameplay wise. the link is in cliffs ownage, which twrecks has already given

PURITy Kin

Oct 26, 2003
Benalla, Vic, Australia.
Visit site
im accually Australian.. (with the best education in the world).. i moved around alot as a lad, so i missed alot of stuff in school... like spellink and those kinds of things... but hey, i think the only thing i did learn from school is how to hack the windows NT4 surver so i can play quake2 all day...

CBP.. um.. i wont be downloading that anytime soon... our phone componie (TELSTRA, write to them, tell there stinking whores!!!), dont believe in laying cables in our area (i put it down to some kind of anal problem as a child they had once or something), so i cant get cable... and adsl is still extreamly expansive becouse all the bastards want to rip people like my nanna off when it comes to internet access.. im NOT paying 50 bucks for the internet... its a total waist of money.
so... yeah... im not gonna bother with my dialup connection... 70meg is just too much.
i wish there was a way to download the maps on there own.. i thought they were orignally fan maps anyway.
my mates getting adsl soon though.. so.. i guess im just gonna move in with him for a while.. if u really wanted my life story...

cliffyb.
that name's pretty commen in the ut2003 community. who is he?
he site full on rocks... though, some of his maps i found were more.. pretty then.. good.
i mean, pretty is good.. but i prefure game play to prettieness... im wired like that.

um.. i live in a small country town, the kids here dont really get to goto big lans often and that, so im hosting a few lans and stuff for them.. the only problems i got is.. becouse we live 2 hours drive from Melbourne, im kinda cut off from the gaming comminiuty (mainly coz telstra are fags), and becouse of that, i dont know anything about ut2003.. i mean, ive got a few maps ive collected over the time ive been playing it.. but there isnt really much else.
as i said, the maps in ut2003 arnt really dueling maps.. gael is, but yeah.. its more of an arena...
im after a map were u can use tatics.. hold down rooms and stuff.. time armors and stuff. gael all u can really do is.. u know.. shoot'n'dodge.

also, as i said before, im also after ctf maps... most of the ones that come with ut2k3 are cool.. but for some reason, i dont like most of them... i guess im more of a face kinda whore..(i know, its lame..).. but i hate camping *****'s too. haha

Tim.

Last edited:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
it's not "guys who made the game"
it's "guys whom TEH game made"
cliffybinterview.gif

Last edited: