COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

Ok, so if little Timmy say there's a cheater online with a screenshot of someone with 40-1, they simply can't fill a complain for that specifically?

No, they need to prove you're using a cheat a shot of a k/d ratio is worthless to VAC, provide them with the .exe or .dll files that a cheat would use and then they can use that to confirm people are cheating, simply people saying they're going to report you for cheating is utter stupidity, VAC doesn't work that way, it's a system that checks for known hacks, if you have one you get banned, if not you don't get banned.

Good. I read that paragraph SC had linked a little too fast.

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
How the **** do you report people to VAC anyway? Is that even doable? I highly doubt VAc bans by complains, but rather, undeniable proof?
Reporting to VAC is the same as banging your head against a brick wall.
You'll just end up with a headache and no progress

VAC is automated and on a delay. Supposedly the only human interaction is detection updates
Use an actual cheat and you might get away with it for a week
Someone else uses the same and they might get ganked within a day

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
CareKnifing isn't all that hard, there's moments where you need to switch to something else. I try to find an enemy "camp" point, place my TI there, and punch them around like they're pinatas. My main tactic is try sticking to walls and cuting corners, to gain more surprise element. That's where they like to bitch/cry and call me a hack because they can't do **** against that.

I've been trying to understand something, most of the time, when I'm facing another knifer, I time my knife right, but end up being killed anyway, when I watch the killcam, I am colliding with said knifer. On my end, I did hit the knife key at the right time.

So I'm guessing, either I'm too late, or too early. Or maybe there's nothing you can do about it, due to some lag BS. It's even worse when I got 3 ping bars.

PS: I'd like to record, but Fraps isn't helping out much, whilst recording, on some maps, the framedrop is abysmal. Actually, the lack of "rec" command is irritating. If anyone has a suggestion to make I'd like to hear it.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
its because p2p sucks, like i can empty a clip onto someone, i can see each shot hit them, but theres no hitreg, because their PC thinks im missing completely. Just some ****ed up crap you have to go with :|

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well I got my first ever chopper gunner(non carepackage) last night on estate. Used it for a whole 2 kills before the winning kill was done(not me) :(

Number 1 rule of Estate is GET TO THE HOUSE NAOW

There is no other rules.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Estate is the Deck16 of MW2.

Camp the top floor. Or die trying.

Estate? Is that a remake of the CoD1 map? Heh, I remember when we figured out we could use the dark German uniform to stand in front of the statues and not be seen by players 2 feet in front of us. Then execute them :D

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
[screenshot]http://i48.tinypic.com/oppav.jpg[/screenshot]

In CTF that care knifing is a bit more lol :x

3 harriers, 5 predators, 5 care packages, 1 game :D oh and the majority of flag caps

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
http://i48.tinypic.com/oppav.jpg

That's the same score I had in Estate TDM today except 52-2. I pissed off the entire team running around the house with the care package, and I called 2 Chopper gunner.

By the way. Terminal is horrible. It's narrow points makes it perfect for a Tube fest. Whenever the map is on, I get the tube set ready. It's kinda like Vacant, but 3 times bigger and twice less corridors. If you managed to flank in the map, the opposite team sucked ass.

http://www.modernwarfail2.com/2009/12/23/hacker-the-consistency-check-is-crap/

The patch that "fixed" the texture hacks was broken within 24 hours, and now there's a handy GUI to put the hacks back in. Now you can get rid of foliage and the fruit juice that pops on your screen when you're shot and you can get blue- and red-colored team skins. D:

Lol...

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
Man it sucks being forced to take a 3 week break of this for xmas vacation. All these hacks are so interesting haha.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
BTW I forgot to mention, but did anyone know about TDM express? Seems like it's the same exact thing but less IWnet lobby intermission time. Parties allowed.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Yeah this game is a mess. Now on the 360(not sure on ps3) there is a speed hack that makes everything in game super speed, including voice chatter. IW and Activision seriously have to be biting their tongue now that their precious IWnet has been hacked and slashed to oblivion. Rule number 1 kids, never tout that your system is 100% cheat free because hackers will call you out on it.

Oh and this is lol worthy http://www.modernwarfail2.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/new-perks-mw2-sarcastic.jpg

I like the "None for me thanks" perk :D

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Now that the 1887 were range-reduced (even though I did see some people have it full effect as before) there's a lot more AA 12. Or whatever it's called, is the worse shotgun I have seen in action yet. I watched a few kill cams of the weapon in action, anyone with half decent skills will get away with someone upclose, it's fire rate and spray radius makes it all impossible to miss. Got flashed? Ok, no problemo, just hold the trigger.

Anyway, with the amount of things in this game gone bad, having dedicated servers now wouldn't even solve 1 tenth of the problems.