CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
A soon to be cevo laughed at me when i told him pro gaming is not my thing, and i would never wanna pay to play a game because it does not become a game anymore. Pay to play as in pro ladders. Ladders a few times a week sitting at your house is OK, but when you start getting paid to play games all day...it's a waste.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Yes it's much cooler to waste your time playing video games than to somehow get paid to play them.

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
Hi to you too SD ^^
FYI I'm not "being pro"... I've had my share of "pro playing" in the CS days and it wasn't as nice as imagined, suddenly the game becomes a job for you and no fun is left in it. So ironic that the reason you play the first time is to avoid having to do any work :p

Like I said I just play whatever people is playing as long as it's fun, be it TDM, oldschool, domination, SAD, Promod, whatever. Currently most of my friends are playing SAD Promod so there I am. Sometimes I join clan wars sometimes I just watch and teach a few tricks for the younglings...

I have too many other things to think about rather than thinking about the "pro scene" and "non pro scene" and their fights and nick nacks...

Above all, just play the game and have fun. That's what games are meant to do.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Yeah, that's cool. It just irritates the crap out of me how "competitive" gaming just strips games down to be as barebones as possible. In CoD4 it is really annoying because they eliminate all but a particular style of playing. The other perks, weapons, and attachments give you an opportunity to change your play style.

In other news, I'm not a big fan of the Barrett. It takes too long to sight up and prepare a shot, plus once you've taken your shot you have no sight picture. Can't wait to be done with this one. The M21 was by far the best one for me so far, which makes sense since it's the sniper version of the M14.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
They say the 50 Cal sniper is the most piercing sniper of the game. I also get one shot kills at times with the weapon, even though the damage in the chart are listed to be the same, or nearly the same exept for body part multipliers. Maybe my targets were wounded without my witnessing when I shot them.

I just don't understand snipers in this game..

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Like all charts on the interbutts about the game, this one is wrong in several ways.

There is no "high" or "higher" penetration in the game. It's "small" and "medium" since the "large" bullet category doesn't actually do anything differently than medium. Just another bug they never bothered fixing. That or they were worried it'd make the LMGs too powerful.

Snipers only differ in recoil, fire speed, and multipliers. This is why the M21 is so easy to use -- nearly no recoil and very fast fire speed. Overall, the most well-rounded is the M40, though, which is why everyone uses it. The worst is the R700. It has the same power as the Barrett but is much slower and has much worse recoil.

http://spamfest.net/temp/sniperbs.html

Also, all weapons have "infinite" range. The so-called maximum range on most guns is the point at which it's doing minimum damage. It doesn't mean you can't hit the guy which is what "maximum range" implies. If that were true you wouldn't be able to snipe people across the map with a deagle in "hardcore" mode.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The worst is the R700. It has the same power as the Barrett but is much slower and has much worse recoil.

Well now that explains it. :lol:
First thing I do when I start the game again is to get rid of this POS. Trade for M40.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
golduzifinally.jpg

finally

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
Well now that explains it. :lol:
First thing I do when I start the game again is to get rid of this POS. Trade for M40.

I find that the Barrett misses on some difficult shots (like shooting 2 pixel sized top of head peeking above the wall)

The R700 doesn't miss as much and is my choice for standard TDM and Domination (considering many people uses Juggernaut)

M40 I use for PROMOD games cause there's no Juggernaut perk there so there's really no need for higher damage, besides the fact that M40 is the most accurate sniper (i shoot 1-2 pixel sized elbowtips lots of times) :D

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
You know, hardcore mode would actually be good if it weren't for every single gun being perfectly accurate. In real life, if you get shot with a Desert Eagle, you're ****ing dead, that's it. Its stupid that it takes three hits to kill in normal mode. But a Desert Eagle isn't perfectly accurate, its a close range weapon. And there's no way in hell you could fire it that fast. Make the Desert Eagle a one hit kill weapon but give it knockback and reduced accuracy at a range. Look up YouTube videos of the Desert Eagle and see what I mean. The Skorpion is way too accurate too.

Basically IW needs to take a look at redoing hardcore mode for the next Call of Duty. Shooting someone in the foot with a pistol shouldn't be a one hit kill. I can't decide whether I like hardcore or normal more, and honestly I'm really bored with Call of Duty: like T2A said you go into an overcrowded server and get a zillion kills with airstrikes. Gets old after awhile. Despite having ****ty weapon balance Call of Duty: World at War did have nice big maps, which was awesome. You can tell Call of Duty maps were designed with the 16 player limit for the consoles in mind...

I'd also like to see some new guns in the next Call of Duty like the AUG, FN2000, and SCAR.

Also, for those complaining that the P90 is overpowered..consider that it's one of, if not the best SMG in the world in terms of killing power, weight, and accuracy.

EDIT: The main thing keeping me from normal mode is that headshots aren't one hit kills with every gun. That's bull****. If you shoot someone in the head, they die. This is a game that describes itself on the box as "the most realistic game we've ever played". I'm not talking BF2 Project Reality levels of realism, but they could do a better job.
I know Call of Duty has an arcade feel but I'd really like it to be a bit more realistic with the weapons.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Spray weapons with instant-kill headshots are lame. Lamer than having some headshots not be kills. It's total random luck, and that's why they're not one-shot kills. That's one of the few things IW did right concerning weapon balance and whatnot.

It's different for something like UT where the only gun that can headshot can only fire once every 1.5 seconds or something. D:

But the next CoD will be just like this one. Hoping for them to change a formula that proved quite popular is dumb. Maybe the maps will be bigger, but I even doubt that.

SMGs in general ruin CoD4. They're too accurate and too powerful for as easy as they are to use.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Spray weapons with instant-kill headshots are lame. Lamer than having some headshots not be kills. It's total random luck, and that's why they're not one-shot kills. That's one of the few things IW did right concerning weapon balance and whatnot.

It's different for something like UT where the only gun that can headshot can only fire once every 1.5 seconds or something. D:

But the next CoD will be just like this one. Hoping for them to change a formula that proved quite popular is dumb. Maybe the maps will be bigger, but I even doubt that.

SMGs in general ruin CoD4. They're too accurate and too powerful for as easy as they are to use.

I think at the very least the maps will be bigger. That was one of the main complaints of the console version, and let's be honest, the 360 version the main version (even though it is developed on the PC and then ported to consoles).

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I think they need something in between hardcore and normal. But the main thing which causes the imbalance is the perfect accuracy wherever the sights are set.

I remember in playing BF2, the weapons were more realistic in a sense. If you sprayed around wildy (even in sights) only the first few shots would hit, the rest in the air. When seeing an enemy the first thing you did was take cover, get low, set to single shot, then aimed down the sights and fired in controlled bursts. Removing any of those elements would get you killed. BF2 had tons of problems, but I always found its general infantry combat system to be the most realistic out there. The rifles were the preferred wreapon. Carbines were balanced with less accuracy; SMG's were only effective in close quarters. LMG's could not be spammed as easy.

In BF2 choosing between a ranged and powerful M16 or the close up M4 was a decision made based on location and objectives. In COD4 choosing the M4 is a no-brainer, especially in hardcore. I remember back in COD2 I would go on servers and choose the grease gun and win easily because it had almost no recoil and was perfectly accurate down the sights.

Its an imbalance that probably would never change because without it COD would not be COD.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I think they need something in between hardcore and normal. But the main thing which causes the imbalance is the perfect accuracy wherever the sights are set.

I remember in playing BF2, the weapons were more realistic in a sense. If you sprayed around wildy (even in sights) only the first few shots would hit, the rest in the air. When seeing an enemy the first thing you did was take cover, get low, set to single shot, then aimed down the sights and fired in controlled bursts. Removing any of those elements would get you killed. BF2 had tons of problems, but I always found its general infantry combat system to be the most realistic out there. The rifles were the preferred wreapon. Carbines were balanced with less accuracy; SMG's were only effective in close quarters. LMG's could not be spammed as easy.

In BF2 choosing between a ranged and powerful M16 or the close up M4 was a decision made based on location and objectives. In COD4 choosing the M4 is a no-brainer, especially in hardcore. I remember back in COD2 I would go on servers and choose the grease gun and win easily because it had almost no recoil and was perfectly accurate down the sights.

Its an imbalance that probably would never change because without it COD would not be COD.

If you thought SMGs were bad in CoD2 don't even touch WaW...