CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I knew the ups and downs of hardcore, I had realized it was crap. But there was something about it that made me want to stay in. Ever since I learned rifles I can't stand this POS anymore. One-shoting people with the G3 was fun though.

EDIT: I learned again to shot people multiple times to gain a kill, it's not that hard at all, like you said 3-4 shots is pretty much all it takes - you're still no god. Playing hardcore yesterday made me laugh out loud at how it takes around 1 shot to kill with any weapons.

Again the G3 without SP, with silencer attached takes one shot long range on anyone without Juggernoob.
Just imagine LMG fest. This mode is definitively for people who think they're hardcore and that mode is being the hardest since it is called Hardcore and takes very very few hits to kill.

There's also a flood of P90 in Hardcore lately. Makes it even more laughable.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Took you long enough to realize it. :p

"Hardcore" seems like a good idea at first but when you finally take an objective look at it in comparison to normal, it's easy to see how crappy it really is. D:

I used to be all about softcore, i been doing hardcore just because my clan does it all the time, and i wanted tot ry something different. The first time i played softcore in AGES i said "I'm so used to hardcore i forgot what it was like to aim".

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
For the first time today I have seen a extremely rare bug in TDM where one player turned enemy on our team. He was invincible but could kill us. I thought I had it recorded, but oh well.

He was standing still once, I could just empty my whole mag on his head, the game turned out to lag like a mofo because of all the blood splatters around.

Weird bug I tell ya.

Mar 6, 2004
For the first time today I have seen a extremely rare bug in TDM where one player turned enemy on our team. He was invincible but could kill us. I thought I had it recorded, but oh well.

He was standing still once, I could just empty my whole mag on his head, the game turned out to lag like a mofo because of all the blood splatters around.

Weird bug I tell ya.

I seen that one before.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ballin'

goldenak.jpg

Mar 6, 2004
We had a clan practise, 6 on 5. It was bog on S&D, we are down 2-0, we finally manage to win 1 round. Then we plan for the next round...we see that they are all at spawn, so we decide to all surround them, we spread out and slaughter them in overtime, we win....it is now 2-2, we are all "holy crap" in our team channel on vent, then we plan to do it again, we end the round VERY FAST and it's 3-2 for us doing the same strat, we do it a 4th time, and we end up winning fast again, same strat they fell for, we win 4-2.:D We pinched them 3 rounds in a row the same way they pinched us to win the round and be up 2-0.

BTW we won the 4v4 a few days ago to go up 3-0, and our 2v2 team won to go up 4-0 today, so we are 7-0.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What? You're just now completing that? I did it like 2-3 months after I started playing. D:

Yeah well, I lost my gamefile and had to start over all again. I got this in about 1/2 month.
Sounds like it's Infinity Ward's way of making people play with some ****ty weapons.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I actively went for the ARs back then and started on the SMGs. Then I lost interest in doing it because it wasn't fun. I only have about 30 headshots left on the Uzi to complete the SMGs, but I'll probably never get there because I don't use it unless I need ammo and pick one up. Same goes for everything that's not an AR or SMG actually. :p

I can't imagine going through with the snipers. Talk about a huge waste of completely unfun time. D:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There's this spot in crossfire where I ****ed with the Easycore server I played on using a M4. Note that I've been using this spot several times before, but never "exploited" it like I did yesterday. Pictures:

easycore.jpg

4 is just ridiculous. They kept respawning there, even to the point that after I killed one, another player had already spawned right there, and it kept going on, resulting a chain**** of kills.

And 5 isn't listed, but it's to guard the door next 4. I had something like 57/2. I was laughing my ass off at the fact no one in their team even used a smoke or anything, they just kept walking in not having a clue where the shots came from (No kill cam server)

I did the chat display chat time = 0 trick T2A posted, so I couldn't see what they were typing, but it must have been hilarious.

Last edited:

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
There's this spot in crossfire where I ****ed with the Easycore server I played on using a M4. Note that I've been using this spot several times before, but never "exploited" it like I did yesterday. Pictures:

easycore.jpg

4 is just ridiculous. They kept respawning there, even to the point that after I killed one, another player had already spawned right there, and it kept going on, resulting a chain**** of kills.

And 5 isn't listed, but it's to guard the door next 4. I had something like 57/2. I was laughing my ass off at the fact no one in their team even used a smoke or anything, they just kept walking in not having a clue where the shots came from (No kill cam server)

I did the chat display chat time = 0 trick T2A posted, so I couldn't see what they were typing, but it must have been hilarious.

I lol'ed.

Mar 6, 2004
No **** it's easy, you are camping at a spot that forced them to spawn back there. If the whole team camped there they would get good scores too. So much camping going on that it's hard to pick everyone off, although if you don't die it's easy to break the camp hold. Rush up through the buildings with a few guys and the spawns change.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I love that spot sometimes. There's ones like that on almost all of the maps.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The R700 sounds retarded. For some reasons, I can pull 90% one kill shots with the M40, while the R700 are 60% one shot kills for me. Both set using SP. Makes no sense, the M40 has a much larger ammo capacity, this chart indicates all the snipers has the same damage. I call BS, or I missed something?

I'm still trying to figure out what is best between MP5 and AK47. From what I've noticed most of the SMG experts prefer the AK47 for it's fire rate and damage. I've seen people pull some "WTF" shots with the AK47 on me lately, at least more than with the MP5.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
The R700 sounds retarded. For some reasons, I can pull 90% one kill shots with the M40, while the R700 are 60% one shot kills for me. Both set using SP. Makes no sense, the M40 has a much larger ammo capacity, this chart indicates all the snipers has the same damage. I call BS, or I missed something?

I'm still trying to figure out what is best between MP5 and AK47. From what I've noticed most of the SMG experts prefer the AK47 for it's fire rate and damage. I've seen people pull some "WTF" shots with the AK47 on me lately, at least more than with the MP5.

Sniping in CoD4 sucks, especially since the maps are so damn small. I'm willing to bet those percentages you pulled out of your butt aren't that accurate. I had the reverse effect, I thought the R700 was better when I started using the M40 just to try it out. Now I'd probably think the opposite since the M40 has been in my sniper slot for a while now. I barely snipe as it is. I much prefer just slapping a red dot sight on an M14 and going to town.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm willing to bet those percentages you pulled out of your butt aren't that accurate.

Uh yeah. Whatever. For every shot fired at someone's leg using the R700 for me almost never one-hit kill. Maybe it is just a coincidence. It doesn't really matter now, for some reasons the M40 feels better.

Sniping in CoD4 sucks
It's hard, but using the ACOG it can be fun and rewarding. Just made a WTF duo earlier on Strike, shot one guy, proned, then a SMG dude was about to knife me (Heard him coming from behind), I scoped, killed him.

What is so annoying when sniping is people using Juggernub. Specifically with the Bolt Snipers that is.
But I am going to guess you're mostly a HC player. So yeah snipers are useless in HC, you can snipe with a DEagle.

especially since the maps are so damn small

Stop playing Vacant or Backlot. Strike, District, Crash has some nice spots using the regular scope.
Also note that "run-and-gun" sniping is always more fun with less players.

I love that spot sometimes. There's ones like that on almost all of the maps.

Yeah, the one like that for me in Crash is the dumpster. You can seriously piss off some SMG pr0 wanna-be's from that spot. I've also seen someone standing perfectly covered on the wall from overgrown (in the middle area), I have to find where it is and how to get there..

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Uh yeah. Whatever. For every shot fired at someone's leg using the R700 for me almost never one-hit kill. Maybe it is just a coincidence. It doesn't really matter now, for some reasons the M40 feels better.

77 damage won't kill a person in one shot if they have full health. v:)v

Except in LOLcore.

Whatever the case, I'm willing to believe there are things not on that chart to explain difference in guns like some sort of weird weapon sway bullcrap, since COD4 has such broken weapon sway.

It's hard, but using the ACOG it can be fun and rewarding. Just made a WTF duo earlier on Strike, shot one guy, proned, then a SMG dude was about to knife me (Heard him coming from behind), I scoped, killed him.

What is so annoying when sniping is people using Juggernub. Specifically with the Bolt Snipers that is.
But I am going to guess you're mostly a HC player. So yeah snipers are useless in HC, you can snipe with a DEagle.

I only play Hardcore when I want to get quick kills for unlocks. Or irritate people with DEagle sniping or other shenanigans. I prefer normal mode.

Stop playing Vacant or Backlot. Strike, District, Crash has some nice spots using the regular scope.
Also note that "run-and-gun" sniping is always more fun with less players.

Sorry I don't choose map rotations on the servers I randomly join. I haven't really found any servers worth joining on a regular basis.