CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
So I tried the AK-47 without red dot and I can tell the difference in damage. It's a little bit more difficult to aim, but I think I'll stick with it.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Bah, I don't mind Martyrdom. It's not too hard to get away from either, unless you're in a crowded room.

Wouldn't shed a tear for loosing the n00btube though.
Also a scoring system for the multi-kill specials a little like T2A described would be good.

I found a "new" way to lame the multi-kill bonuses.
Get 5 kills. Call in an airstrike. Suicide as soon as you call it.
If you called in an airstrike over a populated area as soon as you revive you get at least a UAV if not another airstrike right away.
Rinse and repeat.
Hide your face in shame. :shy:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I'd rather get a chopper, wait to die and call it in. That + additional killing will often get you another chopper, if not an air strike to still get it.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Unless the people shoot the down the heli really fast.

Indeed. A half way decent team makes sure to take a chopper down fast. Not much you can do against an airstrike except seek cover.

Just come from a game there and seems to work a treat with the airstrike variant anyways.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Unless the people shoot the down the heli really fast.

Which more likely doesn't happen very often. Mainly because there's no rewards to it. I think it should add score by the % of damages that you do to it. That way, people would feel the need to shot at it as much as they would on usual targets.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I like Kantham's idea for score adding by % of damage. We also need another weapon damage sheet or one that is more detailed. I didn't look at all the damages on the ones posted earlier until today and the max damage for the shotguns is 40 and 30. The shotguns kill in 1 hit up close.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yeah, I don't think that's accurate at all. If you check the "asset manager" you'll see most of the guns' damage falls outside 20-50, unlike what that chart says. Here's the W1200 shotty, for instance.

w1200ko1.png

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Asset manager D: whats that :>

Kantham: Keep Stopping power on your M14, it lets you do 1 kill headshots and your gun will still do more damage further away. I killed a guy from the full length of the main street in Crossfire and had to hit him 4 times.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd like to try that, but my CoD 4 just decided that it won't start again. Any EXE related to the game won't do either, the game got entirely corrupted, even though I didn't put anything in there, nor went in a custom/modded server lately.

Re-downloading from steam lolol.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ERROR LOOOOOCATED!!!!!!

BTW, I tried some Hardcore lately, and the M14 is definitively a killer with UAV jammer and a Silencer attached. I can one hit kill without "stopping power" perk.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Hardcore + Friendly Fire + Martyrdom = GTFO my server you retard.

In non-hardcore it's still a piss off when idiots kill you with it.

If you get killed by Martyrdom often, I'd switch the idiot part around a little :p

I've finally got my reactions honed as to wait a few seconds after I kill someone before I pass their dead body or nick their gun, if I need it.

Martyrdom is really pretty simple to evade (unless as stated above you're in a jampacked room with some **** blocking the doors)... I shall refrain from typing what my next thought was ;P

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Um, hello, WAKE UP CALL.

If you're near a friendly player in hardcore, who dies from something and has martyrdom, there is no proper audible noise, no visible grenade and no grenade indicator. How do you evade it without perpetually running away from your team mates?

Avoiding enemy martyrdoms is easy. It's your team mates who get you killed.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
There is a sound AFAIK when team mates drop a name with Martyrdom.
Thanks for the wake up call though :tup: I was starting to nod off.