Click Click Click Click Click (URGENT)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Nothing´s wrong with Maxtor?
Different people have different experiences I guess, because every Maxtor I had did not survive longer than a year. I stopped buying them.

Munchables

Flying Nuns!!!
Jan 31, 2008
All good supermarkets near you
Oh gawd, this is really starting to piss me off. Ever since these clicking problems started, my screen has been going all funny on me. It wears off, but I think it's going to get permenant sooner or later. It's like some green pixels on the screen in random spots in groups. WTF is going on!?!

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
You couldn't pay me to use a WD

My second Raptor just failed me last weekend. Totally corrupt and unreadable. First one crashed Windows, and started to grind away. Good thing they have decent warranties. I'm beginning to think that Raptors are the most unreliable drives out there.

I also bought a new 750GB WD, and one day it boots up sounding like an airplane, like it has bad bearings or something. Thankfully it went away after a while. Has yet to happen again, but that's not what I want to hear from a brand new HD!

So I see where you are coming from when you say that WD sucks. But as Phopojijo posted, all HD's kind of suck. Fragile, mechanical components have no place in a PC. Bring on the solid state drives!

Last edited: