Cheating or not?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mychaeel

jrubzjeknf said:
can't work, at least not with force respawn enabled (or you gotta work around that, and that's even more coding). Mine I think is best: If trigger and suicide happens, and timer starts and if you bust outta jail before the timer stops, you'll be llamized
Don't you tell me what can't work in terms of Jailbreak... :)

Jailbreak delays the forced respawns for a few seconds more than normal UT2004 gameplay already. It'd be worth looking into a way to delay it until the jail doors have closed again for a release instigator.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
but would it work only suicide only, or will it affect all kills? If you can code it in a way that suicides only will delay, I'd be great!

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
Oh so my idea might work after all? I think there should be 2, 1 for suicide, and one just for being killed(including suicide) because i am always killing someone just as they press the switch of course it could be optional. as not all be may be in favor of this...

oh i would code this my self... but i have absolutly no idea how to

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
know what? drop it. People see it as a tactic: if you wanna prevent it (it doesn't give you a real edge ingame anyway), shoot 'm before he's able to do that

Greeger

Sep 2, 2004
In JB-Heights it is possible to jump from the top of the tower and land on the switch. This takes away so much health that it would be smarter to just kill yourself and get full health and walk out of jail.

It is really hard to stop someone from doing this.

I think a penalty would be a bad idea though because I enjoy my time in jail.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
TheSpoonDog said:
You'll enjoy your time in jail more soon with an escape route in Heights ;)
Cool, I was surprised when i realised heights different have an escape route cuz it looks like it does. look forwed to trying it out. heights is allready my favourite JB map

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
will heights be adjusted, or am i missing something? :S (already like it now :D:tup: )

ps. Head, I totally forgot about your DM map. I'm sorry. I'll download it right away
/me bangs head against wall for a change