Changelog has been updated--Woot!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
More updates! :llama:

Those jumpjet tweak sounds pretty huge. Is that going to change the "feel" of the jumps significantly, or does it have some other kind of impact?

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
The idea behind tying it to physics is that it'll happen as a part of movement prediction... which, if it works right, will mean a smoother game for clients. The "tweak" was necessary to keep the feel the way it's supposed to be. Originally we were just adding velocity each tick, but physics appears to be updated some 3x more often so the scaling had to be corrected. If I have the kinematics sorted out right it should be the same as before and maybe even closer to the way it was in U2.

That's the idea anyway. We'll have to do some testing on it...

Last edited:

jake_weeeeeeee

Jan 2, 2004
there is reliable reason to believe that ut:xmp final will be out until july 22, 2006. i can even prove it, if forced.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Things are looking so ready! How about it FMI? :mwink: :D

There are a number of really great community maps to go with the sweetest UT2004 mod eva now too. :)

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
I'm just bumping this thread, hoping that it inspires the team. :)

We are still here hoping, and looking forward to the awesomeness you have created. :y5:

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
I played for an hour UTXMP last morning :lol:
the fallingdamage is still way 2 high at that beta ;)