"CD key appears to be invalid, reinstall to fix"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I just fired up UT2004 today after not having any problems for years and I get this message.

Is there any way to fix it without reinstalling? e.g. registry editing w/e ?

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hmm. Probably not. Just backup all your files (inis, maps, textures etc.) and try a reinstall. That an odd error though. Especially if it came outta nowhere.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Usual steps to perform:
1) Repatch the game
2) use the RegFix
3) try any other methods that make sense
4) if everything else fails, reinstall

Note that you will almost never need to go to step 4. Step 1 is like reinstallation just keeps all your settings and mods.

Rokk

Jan 23, 2010
Try googling "UT2004 registry fixer".

Helped me install UT2004 on another computer the quick way WITH all the mods by using this after copying the folder to another computer, too.

Basically, you specify your UT2004 folder, what game version you have (You can find it in Manifest.ini in System), and your CD key.