Car question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah the FR-S is pretty affordable for as nice as it looks.

it can certainly be more if you go crazy with the dealer options, but there's really no need to.
Scion (like Toyota cars) take very well to bolt-on mods.

says the guy who just replied in it :p

He's also a virgin, so I'm sure his response was actually a scientific one.

My uncle sold his Porsche 4S (rare car) and bought the BRZ (Subaru version of the F-RS). Got the limited white version of it, had to call 13 dealerships for it. Paid MSRP for it (which he has never done in his life) and the result?

Loves it more than the Porsche. Even though it has less power, it's more fun to drive. He is completely happy with the purchase, and still has an extra 20k after selling the Porsche. My only gripe is that he lives in the city, so he got the automatic version. I don't blame him for wanting an automatic, but he has plenty of other cars to use and I think he should have stuck with manual. Apparently the automatic gets better MPG though, which is odd.

Subaru-BRZ_Coupe-White-Image-01-800.jpg

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
BRZ finished 4th on Motor Trend's 2012 Best Cars to Drive, going up against the GT-R, Lambo, Porsche, Shelby, and others. Given that it was by far the slowest of the lot, 4th place is pretty impressive and says a lot about the car.

I have to say, when the final specs of this car were first announce I was rather disappointed. Toyota had been touting it to be the successor of the Supra, so I was expecting a monster under the hood. When I heard it was only 200 hp I wrote it off, but seeing all the reviews on how everything else comes together to make it an absolute fun driving experience I've changed my tune. I would still like to see a few more ponies, though.

If I had to pick, I think I favor the BRZ slightly of the two. I like the front a little better. I wouldn't complain if I had to go with the Scion, though.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
yeah the FR-S is pretty affordable for as nice as it looks.

it can certainly be more if you go crazy with the dealer options, but there's really no need to.
Scion (like Toyota cars) take very well to bolt-on mods.

There are no "dealer options" for the Scion FR-S. For factory options you can get...

• Your choice of 7 colors.
  • Your choice of a 6-Speed manual or automatic transmission.
  • An up-graded sound system.
  • A cargo net.
  • "Fabric Guard Lusterizing Sealant Sealant"
  • "3M Paint protection film".

For the Subaru BRZ you can get...
  • Your choice of 7 colors.
  • Your choice of a 6-Speed manual or automatic transmission.
  • Leather and Alcantara - trimmed upholstery
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Automatic climate control system
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Fog Lights
  • Battery Warmer
  • Car Cover
  • Chrome Fender Trim
  • Chrome Fuel Door Cover
  • Engine Block Heater
  • Rear Bumper Applique
  • Rear Diffuser
  • Auto-dimming rear veiw mirror with compass and Homelink
  • Carpeted Floor Mats
  • Anti-theft security with Keyless Access & Start system
  • 10" Sub woofer
  • Interior illumination kit
  • HID headlights (standard equipment)

Wait 'til the BRZ STI

2013-Subaru-BRZ.jpg

BRZ finished 4th on Motor Trend's 2012 Best Cars to Drive, going up against the GT-R, Lambo, Porsche, Shelby, and others. Given that it was by far the slowest of the lot, 4th place is pretty impressive and says a lot about the car.

I have to say, when the final specs of this car were first announce I was rather disappointed. Toyota had been touting it to be the successor of the Supra, so I was expecting a monster under the hood. When I heard it was only 200 hp I wrote it off, but seeing all the reviews on how everything else comes together to make it an absolute fun driving experience I've changed my tune. I would still like to see a few more ponies, though.

If I had to pick, I think I favor the BRZ slightly of the two. I like the front a little better. I wouldn't complain if I had to go with the Scion, though.

That was my first thought too. 200hp? That's it? Then my uncle said that 200 is great. It's a very light weight car, so that 200hp, really pushes the car. If they do in fact make an STI version of the BRZ, holy hell. I know Greddy and a few other are already getting like 400hp out of these cars. Which, as light as it is, is crazy.

Although it may not be a "true" successor to the Supra, time will tell what they plan to do with. I have heard that they plan to release one with a turbo in the future for the F-RS version. As far as I know, Subaru has no plans to do anything with it's current model, other than make a convertible one. Which, from the mock ups, look totally rad. Reading up on the older Supra's tells me that they kept getting better engines as time went on. I'm sure this will also be the case, from the factory. Not to mention what 3rd party companies plan to do with the car. It is lighter than the stock Supra was, so that decrease in power probably have very similar results to a stock Supra that is close to equal as the FR-S is.

Either way, I want one. I don't care which one.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
According to Top Gear UK with the story they did on the engineers at Toyota who designed this car as the successor to the AE86, they were toying with the idea of bringing back the Supra and that the option wasn't out of question. So, after the success of this car, I'm sure there are people at Toyota considering bringing it back.