Can't play on Net.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
My INF server browser isn't showing any servers.
I can't open any locations, what is my problem???

Maby I have bad internet connection or something like that?

I connected to internet only last week and I haven't ever played games in it. I am usualy playing singleplayer games or multiplayer games with bots(INF).

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
The first thing you have to do is make sure the server browser is set to view Infiltration All, not LAN games or your Favorites. The box top left in the browser is where you control that. Default is "News". Then, if you look just below the server browser, you'll see a small message saying it's trying to connect to the master server, which will give you the list of available servers. If that's where it starts giving you problems, well, then we might have a problem.

If it just sits there, trying to connect to the master server, it's probably something blocking your connection to the said server like a firewall or something similar. There have been a few occations during my history with UT and Infiltration that the master server has been down, but it doesn't happen very often. Basically, you'll need to connect to the master server to get the list of available servers.

Then, once you have the list of available servers, it's just a matter of doubleclicking on the server you want to play on.

There are few servers and few players around these days, but it's still possible to have great fun with the (usually) great guys and girls on the servers. One "problem" you might encounter is the new mutators, map packs and weapon packs that the community has made and put on their servers. Allthough all the new stuff enhances the fun and adds a lot to the gameplay, it's a bitch to download everything off the servers if you are on a slow internet connection. It's better to download the packs and mutators off the websites and install them, as they are zipped and made smaller. What you download off the game servers are unpacked files in full size. You won't be able to connect to a server before you have all the files thats on the server you are trying to connect to. I think the INFGermany-server is the server where you'll encounter the least amount of extra stuff to download.

However, playing against and with people is a helluva lot more fun than killing bots. I promise you, it's worth every byte you'll have to download :)

Looking forward to being shot by you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
Eh, I closed firewall and my antivirus program, installed other 7 great games (but no one of these is so great as INF) yesterday, but I had same problem that I found in INF.
I don't know, maby I will change my internet administrator or even PC after some time, but right now I will need to kill, blow up some stupid bots, egh!!!

I houpe, that after some time I will meet all of you in INF servers, he, he!!!

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Has any one listed the URLs of the popular servers and explain how to use them. Manually enter a couple of servers and see if you can connect. Will narrow down the problem a bit.

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
(SDS)benmcl said:
Has any one listed the URLs of the popular servers and explain how to use them. Manually enter a couple of servers and see if you can connect. Will narrow down the problem a bit.

I have tried that to, but it isn't helping. My PC is trying to find that server, but he :( can't.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
That means your packages don't make it through the firewall or the replys from the server don't make it back through it.

INF creates outgoing/client connections on various ports but needs UDP and TCP access.