Bulletstorm Launches, DLC Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Yup, i'ts suspricing to me that a lot of companies, aparently, can't see how DLC can also hurt their bottom line.

When you thrust day-1 DLC at me, i'm far more inclined to think "ahh, so the game is intentionally left unfinished, and i wont have the full game till several DLC's have come down the pipeline", and wait for a "GOTY" or "Complete" edition, which i know i'll probably be able to purchase, with all the DLC included, for less than just the game retailed for.

All they accomplish is making me wait, so they can get less money in the end.
If you try to take us for a sucker, we'll just return the favour.
Regrettably true. I don't want to pay 70+€ for a (still short) game. I'm ok with a game getting expansions that deserve the name, but unfortunately that's not what DLC usually is in this day and age.:(

And then they wonder why kids without disposable income turn to pirating. I'm a student on a tight budget and when I buy a game for 50€ three times a year or so that's a big commitment. I usually buy games for much less.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Regrettably true. I don't want to pay 70+€ for a (still short) game. I'm ok with a game getting expansions that deserve the name, but unfortunately that's not what DLC usually is in this day and age.:(

I agree. I remember the days where paid expansions really meant something. For example C&C's expansion "Covert Operation" was quite an expansion. Just like Duke Nukem 3D's Plutonium Pak. Both added about 1/3 to 1/2 of the game.
DLC these days is quite often just a sorry ass expansion of the crappy MP functionality, or things like horse wallpaper.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Or three maps? The Bulletstorm DLC seems to be the same value as Call of Duty, which is no value at all.

Trustingsoup

Cannon fodder
Jan 20, 2008
In front of my computer
DLC on Disc?

According to Ryne S. a poster on the Steam forums.
First download the bulletstorm ini editor

Now go to my documents > my games > Bulletstorm > StormGame > Config > StormPawn

As you open StormPawn with the editor you will find this towards the bottom:

bXboxPMCUnlocked=true (elite gun skin)
bPCPMCUnlocked=true (covert gun skin)
bPS3PMCUnlocked=true (stealth gun skin)
bXboxBootsUnlocked=true (elite boots)
bPCBootsUnlocked=true (covert boots)
bPS3BootsUnlocked=true (stealth boots)
bLeash0Unlocked=true
bLeash1Unlocked=true
bLeash2Unlocked=true
bLeash3Unlocked=true
bLeash4Unlocked=true
bLeash5Unlocked=true
bLeash6Unlocked=true
bLeash7Unlocked=true
bLeash8Unlocked=true
bLeash9Unlocked=true
bLeash10Unlocked=true
bXboxCharSkinUnlocked=true (elite skin)
bPCCharSkinUnlocked=true (covert skin)
bPS3CharSkinUnlocked=true (stealth skin)

Set all these to true!

You need to do this for the StormPawnBS also!

It will have the same files. The reason why you do this so your setting of whatever skin you have stays after exiting multiplayer.

Now enjoy the epic edition and DLC color leashes and skins. Your welcome.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Is anyone surprised by that? What DLC isn't on the game disc at launch? Just another way to nickel and dime ya to death. I can't wait to see what the response is to this.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I guess it's a dead-horse saying, but when the facts pops out it's easy to be shocked.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Didn't both the Epic Edition and Demo each unlock a different skin for the leash? I'm not seeing anything here that sounds like the DLC skins. Or am I missing something?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
There are DLC skins? I haven't heard of any aside the ones you normally unlock in the game, and the leash colours from the Demo and Epic Edition.
Unlike what happened with Dead Space 2.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
There are DLC skins? I haven't heard of any aside the ones you normally unlock in the game, and the leash colours from the Demo and Epic Edition.

There's two new ones in the Gun Sonata DLC that's referenced in the OP.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Actually I found a list of skins (which is pretty big) and only three of them on the disc are unlockable throughout DLC.
I don't care about this though, as long as the DLC maps/attacks aren't on the disc.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
My understanding from Adrian's twittering is that there are placeholders on the disc, but the content is being created post-gold. Those unlocks are largely just that - unlockables and not DLC.