Bulletstorm Footage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rohit

May 29, 2008
Looks good, but I really hope it isn't like Painkiller.

I realize some guys here want a "dumb" shooter alternative to the likes of Call of Duty and Halo, but Painkiller and it's crappy level design where you're always locked in with generic hordes of monsters weren't the answer.

At least, it wasn't the answer for me. Plenty of people liked because hurr it has a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Let me clearafy my points,

Slo-mo: typically a localized event triggered by a single player. If other players observing the event aren't slowed then they have an unfair avantage (akin to no-lag/higher ping only more dramitic the slower the slo-mo). If ALL players are slo-mo'd, then the entire arena/map takes FOREVER to play (as in, I'm no where the action and I'm running at a snail's pace how the f'do I get any frags you stupid devs suxxorz). Therefore, IMO slo'mo ef's up a MP/co-op game, even if it enhances the SP experience.

Colnsolized: Arcade like in appearance, lending itself to console controllers and not keyboard/mouse combo. Lacking immersive gameplay by generating a lot of hyper active instant gratification for ADS players. UTl went this route with "the announcer" and adding team tags, health bars, pop-up scores and the like. Most people go in for this stuff by the reasoning of sales on a "cheap" platform with heavily advertised distribution.

I like PC games that are immersive and don't require neon hit boxes to identify tagrets. But that's me, and I'm older than Microsoft. Give me a DOS game and leave the GUI to the devs.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
*eh* the 'neon glow' teamtags were an invention by (wannabe) 'pro' pc-players (I'm sure anyone can remember the 'brightskin'-discussions we had and a certain mod for UT2kx I shall not name) ... not a console-port symptom. So like ... whoops ?
// ---

Anyways ... does everyone have to be this negative all the time ?
The infernally stupid 'consolitis' discussion was bad enough but the 'why does it not have co-op'-variant is just as dumb.
I know it would be awesome if this game had everything we could possibly want at release.
However reality says that companies have limited resources and need to make choices if they want to release the bloody thing.
I'd rather have a game with solid solo/singleplayer campaign instead of something that had to be butchered in order to support both co-op and multi simply because 'it is the standard' these days.
Games should not feature co-op, multi-player or even single-player if it can't be done right.

Besides ... if the game sells then there will be a sequel and perhaps that might feature some new stuff they didn't have the resources to do justice this time.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Lacking immersive gameplay by generating a lot of hyper active instant gratification for ADS players.

Well, you never know. The game is fast paced and it does have ADS, so I expect to see some of that.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So like I totally Attention Deficit Syndrome this guy and he died, it was intense. :cool:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
BulletStorm : what UT would have been like if they hadn't included multi-player and chosen to add a decent story.