Bulletstorm Didn't Sell So Well

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Well Mike, that's what happens when you take a significant chunk of your potential customer base (PC Gamers) and you have one of your top guys (CliffyB) shit all over them with public comments.

I was highly considering a Bulletstorm purchase right up to the point that CliffyB said (paraphrased) "Demo for XBox and PS3 now, PC Gamers can go fuck themselves LOL". I said it then and I say it now: Cliffy's statement cost them a sale of that game.

Of course, it turns out that it was the right direction anyway, apparently it was a shitty console port that was full of bugs and still has no editor, so I didn't miss much.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
... and that it's nice to have game discussions separated from religious and political nonsense.

Alright, then why you did not rename offtopic accordingly?
Something like say, "religious and political nonsense"

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You should scan youtube & /v/ comments or something if you want entertainment from angry people on the internet. :|
I'd really appreciate if the thing can die now. It's funny when it fits, right now it just doesn't. Stop trying too hard.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I don't know about the console versions, but they handled the PC version terribly - buggy off the bat, no demo, high price tag - yeah, no surprise.

I still love BU for the copy though. It is kinda fun and pretty, and different.
Though in a couple of ways it reminds me of Urban Chaos: Riot Response, which was actually great (and budget priced).

Last edited:

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
You should scan youtube & /v/ comments or something if you want entertainment from angry people on the internet. :|
I'd really appreciate if the thing can die now. It's funny when it fits, right now it just doesn't. Stop trying too hard.

Now he's really mad. :eek:

LivingPuppet

Registered Puppet
Sep 13, 2003
Tiny Toy Town of Terror
Visit site
*Insert Random Dev comment bitching about pirates and second hand game sales here*

P.S. I thought the game wasn't too bad, but there are far superior games that came out or are coming out this year. Sales in the industry are lower for the most part. Gamers aren't going to spend on anything and everything these days. They want the best value, replayable content, and long term fun for the limited gaming budget that they have. That, BS isn't.

Just because you are in love with consoles now and release your sh*t on console, thinking you'll get more $$ love from console gamers, doesn't mean it will sell. Oh and being out of touch with PC gamers, with no ports or sh*tty ones when you make them and spiting them when you fail, instead of making the best use of constructive criticism for future endeavors will only hurt you further. It's because of us that you regularly drive fancy cars, eat exotic foods, live in exotic homes, traverse the world and you can foot the bills 100 times over. Don't f**kin piss in the hands that feed you.

I'm most likely only buying one game this year, and that's Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PC next month because I like what I've seen so far, with regards to replayability and content, and it seems to leave behind the missteps of IW. Also the PC port doesn't have a lot of the console mess that plague most ports today.