Boomslang!! The DB's or not?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked b4
But not been 2 these pages 4 long time....sorry!

Is the Razer boomslang 2000 all that its cracked up to be?

I have an MS intellimouse explorer and i think it rocks but as i'm building a new PC i was thinking of maybe getting the BS 2000 for use on my other system

The MS IE is gr8, fast, smooth and really nice 2 use but every1 goes on about the BS2000.
I know its prob WAY over priced, but i want some feedback pls from people who use it. (UT players)
I also just ordered an everglide mouse mat

Thanks very much.

BM

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
Sorry guys :(

I've just seen theres a BS post under this one.

Sorry again, as was to busy to check out the rest of the forums.

Any help though would be great.

Thx

BM:)

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
Thx Bones :)

Yeah thinking bout getting one for my new PC I'm putting together, but wanna make sure I'm making the right choice as It's not a cheap mouse!

In fact it is a rip off!

Good or not, in the UK it costs £70!!!!
That is, I think because only 1 company is selling it at the moment, but as soon as Amazon or Jungle get hold of it, the price will falllllllllllllllllllllllll! ( I hope :) )

Thx again.

BM :)

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
I have an intellimouse explorer and love it. I don't see the need to go out and spend 70 bucks on another mouse.

Whichever you decide to do I certainly wouldn't "throw it in the trash". Sell it on Ebay or something.

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
Thx Kokensu :)

No way man, Am I gonna throw my IE away!!!

I love it! :)

Just as I was building that new PC, thought I'd try a different mouse, you know, for a change.

My IE rocks, fits nice and plays even better.
Can't wait to see how it performs with the everglide mat.

The whole point of my post was just to see if people really thought the BS2000 was any good or just another hyped up hybrid of a mouse.
Then if it showed postive, then I'd splash out and buy the slang.
Then I'd have two nice systems ready to LAN party, hehe.
(Well with 2 people!!)

Anyway thanks again.

BM:)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I loooooove my Boomslang.

I wrote a whole big thing about it in that other thread on the front page (you really should at least look at the first page before starting a new thread :rolleyes: ) and a lot of other people wrote stuff in that thread. I recommend reading that thread. Also, do a Search Forums for Boomslang and you should be able to find a bunch of info about it.

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
yeah sorry bout that :)

I checked the posts after i posted mine.......
sorry again.

I will check the other posts and see whats been said.

Thx again

BM :)

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
The Boomslang is awesome.I have a 1000,2000,and a custom,and they are all sweet.I use the 1000 mostly now.Compared to an Intellieye......there is no comparison.Laser mice inmho suck.It takes a little while to get used to the feel of the razer,cause they way the ball is situated,but all in all,I would not give it up.

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for the reply :)

You know its hard to not be bias at all!

Like I said above, i posted this on a CS and a Q3 forum, and the BS2000 people said opticals suck and the optical people said the BS2000 suck.
Hmmmm.

I'm not getting into this my Dad's bigger than you Dad, schoolkid thing, Q3 is better than UT etc, etc, gets kinda boring after a while :)

Because I already have the MS IE and I love it, but I have ordered a BS2000, and I think with the positive responses I have had, I will like this mouse as well :)

At the end of the day, theres a lot of great mice out there, but some people will always like 1 make/brand, because of size, shape etc, and others will like to think that their mouse is better........

I'll post back and let you know what I think of the BS2000 :)

Thanks again

BM

Bad Monk

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
YEEHAH!!!
Got my BS2000 and everglide combo today and......

DAMN....is it good!

I was a bit worried hearing the stories about how long it took some people to get to grips with the Boomslang, but I didnt find it a problem at all
Not 1 day, 1 hour, not even a minute, it just feels so right!
Before you flame me, its not cos I'm some sort of gaming god, just that i have long fingers
and the way that they recommend you hold the BS2K is palm on the desk, just using the fingers to manipulate and control the action.
Well thats how I use my MS Intellimouse explorer anyway, so no change there.

I was expecting about a week to a month to get used to it, but no BS, as soon as I had it up 'n' running, I tried it on the desktop then into a couple games and man, it feels great!

It might not be everyones cup of tea, lets face it, everyones playing style/hand shape etc is different, but it suits me fine.
Now I've got 2 great mice, IE for one of my systems, the BS2K for the other.

From the opening of the box/tin combo, right up until fragging that first opponent, this mouse just reeks of precision and finesse, Am I happy......

Damn right

Money well spent and thanks for the help and advice.

BM

Mister_Tomato

the MadSplatter
Dec 8, 2000
Visit site
I have both the boomslang and the explorer and each have their own mouse woes..... The boomslang with its buttons sticking (dont play d2 with it!!!), and the explorer with its mouselag when u use certain drivers (it took me 4ever to figure out why rockets took so long to fire). I think it is just a matter of pref.

ps. does having long fingers make massaging your prostate easier?

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
I have both and find the Intelli to be better. I have never had a problem with the tracking or speed of my Intelli mouse and I can't say the same for the BS2000! I do like the placement of the side buttons and low profile of the BS2000 as well as the OTF sensitivity control.

But the Itelli has gotten me godlike 5 times this week so I am sticking with it!

Besides that I heard that the company is bankrupt. So wait for the closeouts if you want one.