Bleh.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
OK, Where the hell are you people getting these cheap apartments? Are they boxes, or plastic tarps instead of actual homes? Around here a 3 bedroom apartment is $1500 per month, no utilities included... 3 months rent up front. Hell, 1 bedrooms are often over $850.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
You live in New York City though don't you Zenpirate? I'm trying to get an apartment that is in a small city, nothing like Seattle, where an apartment would go for the same price as you just mentioned. It all depends on where you live, the bigger the population of the area the more expensive an apartment is going to be.

The apartments i've seen that are one to two bedrooms and $500 a month are pretty nice, and they are in good looking and safe area's too. Because they are in a area that isnt that populated, and is near a college, so lots of students.

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Sounds like you two should get a one bed room. If you are going to live together you may as well you know... get married.

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Holy crap, $1600 a month? If your apartment isn't a castle made from solid gold, you're overpaying. ;) If you include the currency conversion, I've seen houses for barely twice that. And I mean, the listed sale price, not per month.

EDIT: No guarantee that it was a nice house. ;)

I_Like_Fire

Smokin Bad Ass
May 4, 2004
No I live in California and I live in a 3 bedroom house 2500 square feet... in case you didn't know CA housing has gone nutty ion the last 2 years the average house here costs just over 500 thousand dollars

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
BinarySystem said:
Holy crap, $1600 a month? If your apartment isn't a castle made from solid gold, you're overpaying. ;) If you include the currency conversion, I've seen houses for barely twice that. And I mean, the listed sale price, not per month.

EDIT: No guarantee that it was a nice house. ;)

It is because he lives in New York

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
Hmm.. didn't notice you got back.

Well, even if you're going to be gone again...
wb LDW. :)

Don't have much to add but good luck with that.

I think your sig no longer applies, btw. :p

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
tool said:
It is because he lives in New York

No excuses! For that money I could live in a very nice house and drive a very nice car. (not that I don't already) Plus, you'd have enough money to basically have the very latest computer equipment.

Some peoples priorities..

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
BinarySystem said:
No excuses! For that money I could live in a very nice house and drive a very nice car. (not that I don't already) Plus, you'd have enough money to basically have the very latest computer equipment.

Some peoples priorities..

lol, if you lived in New York you would understand. :p

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
LadyDeathwish said:
No, we're not going to get married, Zack's deathly afraid of commitment, as most guys seem to be. We're not going to have sex either, since I'm on that point, not unless we DO get married.

Okay, it might just be a not good idea to move into a place with someone that you're in a relationship with that you don't plan on staying in a relationship with. Unless you end up being "just" friends..

Just speaking from experience, and I'm sure a few others might have done the same in the past, and gotten similar results.

BillyBadAss said:
I win!!! I have a one bedroom that is only $425 a month and includes water, and trash. On top of that, it's in Oakwood, a nice suburb of Dayton.

:mad: /me dropkicks you into the lava!!! :rant:
I pay double that on a 2-room studio :(

AMMAGETSVM said:
Okay, it might just be a not good idea to move into a place with someone that you're in a relationship with that you don't plan on staying in a relationship with. Unless you end up being "just" friends..

Just speaking from experience, and I'm sure a few others might have done the same in the past, and gotten similar results.

I'm not entirely sure where our relationship is going, in fact. He won't get married and I won't sleep with him before getting married, and I don't see us breaking up again anytime soon (Yes, we've broken up before, but we've managed to remain friends for two years).

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
BinarySystem said:
I would understand... that I was overpaying. ;)

if I could kick your ass over the internet... ;)

It is very expensive because there is very little space in New York. Everyone wants to live there, but not everyone can. :p

Yeah, and because it's so big and everyone wants to live there, property taxes are ****ing nuts in large cities. I think one apartment we looked at in downtown Ottawa wanted $1000 a month for a single o_o

Anyways, apartment update; He says he's willing to wait until I'm finished highschool, because I need my last few credits for bragging rights and to feel special. In the meantime, he hopes he can bunk with some of our friends.

So I suppose you guys are stuck with me :p