Black Hawk Down Mod / mutator?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lasersailor184

The_Punisher
Aug 21, 2000
USA, and damn proud
I was thinking that it would be really simple.

Special Ops limited to US weapons.

Terrorists limited to AK and maybe 1 or 2 other weapons.

Pick a side. Then try to complete the mission.

Of course there should be restrictions made to make it more fun / more like the movie.

I.E. Terrorists have no accuraccy / muzzle control, but have 10-15 respawns.

Special Ops are set to what it is right now. But have only 1 or 2 respawns max.

Of course I don't know how to do this, so I don't know what is possible. Any more ideas?

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
Maybe using a variation of the TWT_Zombies mutie that's out? Just downloaded it, and I'm gonna try it out...

Make something where the skinnies would be bots with bad accuracy and AKs, and the humans would have to hold a point for so many minutes (minimum number of players within a certain area for certain time)...

Been discussed a few times before. I think it can be done. I just wonder if anyone is working on it?

Matthew

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
It's called "making a map."

All of the conditions except the accuracy can be set in a map. Off you go, then. Be sure to put plenty of full auto M14s in there too, to make the brown people run away.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
"terrorists" ? :con:

Anyways, i enjoy mocking LaserSailor as much as the next guy, but what he asks for requires more than a map. The weapon limitations per team, namely, would need a mutator, albeit one quite simple to do....

still.... "terrorists" :rolleyes:

edit : i almost forgot to bash the poor taste of a "let's kill underarmed, undertrained black men" mission......

Last edited:

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
yes they where more "rebels" than terrorists.

a BHD inspired map would rock but would require a lot of work.(ut2k3?)

a Side -inspired loadout would be great to but the armory doesn't allow it

w00p

Windows at its best
I want a mutator that puts gibs and eccessive blood in the game and that makes every foe my mother, so I can brutally kill her each and everytime, but I guess its just not happening, so let this 1101st thread about this subject die and next time search for one of the previous 1000 threads to see why your opinion is idiotic and why you're a moron.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
What would the fun of being a skinny be!? Weee I'm running I'm firing and I know I got a 2% chance of actually hitting weee.... Not my form of fun.

But it would be fun to have some sort of humans vs bots gameplay. But I believe we already had that in 2.86 but nobody ever used it. It could work very well with the zombies muty, if the zombies become better and the player a bit worse anyway.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
If your just shooting bots then you don't need any mutator or special map. Just go make a loadout that includes only an AK and some ammo. Then hit up the character screen, and make a bunch of bots that all use your AK loadout (you can also set the AI to be really poor in accuracy and skill if you like). Start up a new team and toss all the bots onto it.

If your an offliner like myself, then you might also want to start building up quite a few different teams, and outfit them as you like. I've put together 4 or 5 specailzed teams for offline play to have fun messing around. Examples from my team menus include.

US_Army (lots of m16's MINIMI's and some snipers)
SWAT (CQB weapons)
SEALS (supressed weapons)
IRAQ (mostly AK's)
ect ect.

Then you just make sure to uncheck "balance teams" so that you can select which teams will be playing, and fire up a match. The only feature that i would've liked to have seem implimented that wasn't would be the ability to set the number of resawns to each team independanty.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
DEFkon said:
... The only feature that i would've liked to have seem implimented that wasn't would be the ability to set the number of resawns to each team independanty.

Use the overtime settings for example...
you can give the defenders a percentage of the general reinforcements (any percentage so even higher than 100%) and you can setup the overtime to jump in at +100% of the timelimit for example to let it never happen that they get some extra reinforcements a bit later.
So you have the options actually ;)