Beppos zoom-while-aiming mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Adding mutators into a distribution hardly breaks the compatibility of anything ;)

It's true that some of these mutators are cool, but i don't think they have been tested and tweaked extensively enough to be part of the official distribution. Anyway, as demo pointed out, you can simply download them here.

Odie had a neat idea for his server (GD)... with the server info, he put an url to a zip contaning all mutators he uses. And if realmaps or some other sites start hosting/reviewing other things then maps (like mutators ;) ), that would help too.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
... <hijacking>... And what about your test to see how much you can put the weapon wlose to the player eye ?</hikacking>
Beppo said:
Check out the AimView mutator and its ini file... 'XFactor' is the value to change. So ie set it up as follows while in-game:
set aimview.aimviewmut fovfactormin 1.0 // this disables the zoom fully
set aimview.aimviewmut xfactor 0.9 // this enables the x-axis shift to a 90% position (play around with this value)

Sorry, I guess I forgot to post this in the AimView thread and readme.txt.
Saw this in the other thread so..

Hi Beppo,

Some quick testing revealed some small bugs with the version you posted:
- Whenever shooting a bot (couldn't test against players), friendly or enemy, the view unzooms. I disabled all other mutators to make sure they didn't interfere.
- When in "fly" mode the view autozooms.

:)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Puncher said:
Hi Beppo,

Some quick testing revealed some small bugs with the version you posted:
- Whenever shooting a bot (couldn't test against players), friendly or enemy, the view unzooms. I disabled all other mutators to make sure they didn't interfere.
- When in "fly" mode the view autozooms.

:)

should be fixed now... see attached version. :)

Attachments

• AimView.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 214

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Hooray! This truly rocks :tup: :tup:

Reducing the movement speed on the gun while zoomed does not IMHO work out, the “Far Cry” demo did this and it handled awkwardly.

Just one small point, you cannot zoom while peeking around a corner, yet if you are zoomed, you can remain zoomed and peak around a corner.

IMHO limiting stationary players seams a little pointless, as one could argue they are using the wall for support while leaning.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I tried to play a bit with the XFactor parameter. You can decrease it a bit to have our eye close to weapons. I tried with the FAMAS but the result is more realist but not more handy.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
The zooming can only be started by controling your breath... so all criterias have to match, including the not-leaning.
After that the zoom stays until you start moving or get hurt.

To the XFactor... as some said before... the actual 'size' of the irons is not really increased even if you move it back far into the clipping region. All it does then is blocking your view and not giving you better sights in any way.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Beppo said:
The zooming can only be started by controling your breath... so all criterias have to match, including the not-leaning.
After that the zoom stays until you start moving or get hurt.

To the XFactor... as some said before... the actual 'size' of the irons is not really increased even if you move it back far into the clipping region. All it does then is blocking your view and not giving you better sights in any way.

Well, thank you anyway for your help Beppo, I think I will stick with my shotgun hoping someone clever enough will code a slug ammo for it.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
This is kinda like Beppo's version of True Scale. While I wish you didn't have to be completely still to activate the "zoom" it is convenient not having to have a new key bind if you don't want to, and having to stand still isn't too much of a problem since the primary time you're going to use it is while preparing long range shots. It also *looks* better than TS (although that might just be because I play Inf with low graphics settings, and since TS zooms in more it makes the graphical limitations more apperant) and the switch between regular and extended vision is less disorienting and more smooth. It's nice having alternatives.

Yurch's translucent FAMAS model is an interesting idea. I think perhaps the way to do it, if possible, would be to make just the carry handle and the back sight aperture translucent. Having the entire gun be transperant doesn't look right. If this feature proves successfull it could work well on other weapons too (of course the translucency would have to be optional, or have some way to toggle on or off).

R.Flagg {MoO}

Mar 12, 2001
www.home.earthlink.net
For some reason only the 1st one Beppo posted works for me. The later versions do not. I do everything the same, and only the 1st one works. But nobody else seems to be saying that, so it must be me somehow. ;)

I realize I cannot move and so forth to get it to work, but I've been perfectly still, and controlled breathing ect. And if I understand correctly, there is no keybind required for this.

Anyway, not sure of the cause, and it might just be me, but wanted to share that anyway. I have an old Geforce 3 vid card, if that matters at all. And I have tried with all my detail settings cranked up (and down). Oh, and I'm speaking of offline play.

R.Flagg {MoO}

Mar 12, 2001
www.home.earthlink.net
Yes Sir. Those are the steps I have followed. Stood very still, no moving, leaning, walking, nothing. And still, for unknown reason, I can only do it with the 1st version posted.

If I change nothing, and go to new version, it doesn't seem to do anything, no 'zooming'. And if I change nothing again - except to go back to 1st version posted - I have the zooming.

I don't mean to make an issue of it of course, loving the mod anyway (just played a fun round offline in the 2nd London BETA map even). I just wanted to share the info in case it turned out to be vid card related or something along those lines.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
geforce2 pro here so its not your card :)
maybe make sure there are no leftovers from in the system folder from the earlier release. also check infiltration/system if maybe you extracted something in there by accident and they're conflicting.

other than that i wouldn't know. are you running opengl? i am btw. maybe that has something to do with it.

/gives microphone back to beppo

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
drivers and gcards have nothing to do with this at all cause it is a mutator that changes weapon offset values and nothing more...

so, remove ALL mutators from your mutator list and only use the AimView mutator...
maybe you have a mutator in use that conflicts with it

and... make sure you really use the latest version found in post #64 ... not one of the 'betas' found on the first page...