BBF Server!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
omghi2u,

BBF has a server. In case you didn't know. Also, in case you didn't know.. XMP has a nasty habit of giving you fake pings. But most of you know that, and press 'U' in game to bring up your real ping. Your real ping to a server is generally 1.5 to 2 times as high as the scoreboard (fake) ping.

Being that the fake ping is what shows up when you refresh the server list, you're getting false assumptions that when you join.. your ping will stay that constant 60. Not so! Even the best of servers still jack up to 1.5 or 2 times as high as initial reports express.

Fast forward to my point, since most of you already know the afore mentioned information. BBF has a server. On BBF's server.. our ping, when you refresh the server list.. is generally higher than the other servers. So nobody joins it. Since nobody joins it as pubbers, we never really get the chance to test it out when full. It's been full on occasion, but usually when there are 8-10 BBF on it and about 2 pubs. During those few times when it was near capacity, the ping stayed at the constant 120-150 that you find on ALL servers when near capacity.

We'd like to test it out some more and see if it stays the same for everyone else. It's on it's own machine, and isn't being shared with 4 or 5 other games like most hosting companies do, so it's computer performance should be adequate.. we'd just like you to remember that when you look at the server list and see a ping of 50 compared to BBF's reported ping of 100 or so.. when you actually join the game, the pings will be about the same anyways.. so..

JOIN BBF INSTEAD YA FILTHY BASTARDS!

We'd also like to take this time to extend an invitation to clans that do not have a server. If you'd like to use it for a night of passworded private practice for you and your mates get a hold of us and we'll set it up for you (try and make it a day or so in advance) and the same goes for any clan that might want to use it for a scrimmage or pick-up game. We'd like to keep it open at least 50% of the week for public play but we'd be glad to share it and get some use out of it.

Currently we run the original XMP maps minus Freefall, and most of the CBP maps. We want to run three custom maps since you goofy XMPers seem to like them, so let us know which 3 you'd like and the ones that get requested shall be thrown up there. PowerStruggle type maps need not apply. Our server configs right now are set at 60% team damage but we'd like to increase that to encourage a more team based playstyle with more regards to your mates safety and less emphasis on the gas and rocket spamming. So if XMP style team and class based play is the play you like, join on up. If we get enough interest, XMPSecure will be added to the roster.

Oh right. The IP, since the master server is down, is as follows:

Last edited:

[DS] Calico

Behind Jackal with a raging hardon.
Apr 28, 2004
*ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE**ADVERTISE* Someone is Advertising a Server

Mopap

Rsegetried Uesr
[DS] Calico said:
Someone is Advertising a Server

It's funny...I wouldn't mind seeing ppl on it, but I have no idea why. We don't get anything from it other than the pleasure of providing a place for peeps to play. I can't even remember the last time we had it passworded. No one gives us money or free baboon keychains. Which gets me to thinking...

Anyone know of a server co that will give you free baboon keychains if you keep it populated? I want one! :mad:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Mopap said:
It's funny...I wouldn't mind seeing ppl on it, but I have no idea why. We don't get anything from it other than the pleasure of providing a place for peeps to play. I can't even remember the last time we had it passworded. No one gives us money or free baboon keychains. Which gets me to thinking...

Anyone know of a server co that will give you free baboon keychains if you keep it populated? I want one! :mad:

/me takes picture of Mopap's mother and gets a keychain made out of it.

Address please?

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
[BBF]Mantik said:
omghi2u,

BBF has a server. In case you didn't know. Also, in case you didn't know.. XMP has a nasty habit of giving you fake pings. But most of you know that, and press 'U' in game to bring up your real ping. Your real ping to a server is generally 1.5 to 2 times as high as the scoreboard (fake) ping.

Being that the fake ping is what shows up when you refresh the server list, you're getting false assumptions that when you join.. your ping will stay that constant 60. Not so! Even the best of servers still jack up to 1.5 or 2 times as high as initial reports express.

its not rly a fake ping.

the scoreboard is a ping from the server to you then back

SERVER > PLAYERS > SERVER

but the U or stat net ping is from the player to the server and back

PLAYER > SERVER > PLAYER

really none of them is fake but the U or stat net ping is the only one you need look at :)

i know this isnt the point of your post but i thought id say it anyway :p

[BBF]Elessar

Feb 18, 2004
For an extra $0.38, we'll include our own name brand BBF Classic or BBF Lite Beer. Brewed only with the best hops found in the cold mountain tops of XMP-Garden.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
flack ho said:
screw mistymountins
thier is only ONE level that it needs
artidozenraptors of course
and my other 2
minos
trainstation

Really? I could have sworn that Peter Carlson of Legend Entertainment made Minos.. :2thumb:

Killinya

[BBF]Killinya
Feb 2, 2004
flack ho said:
screw mistymountins
thier is only ONE level that it needs
artidozenraptors of course
and my other 2
minos
trainstation

LOL... Artidozenraptors is Mantik's Favorite map ;) :eek: (Killinya runs and hides) :lol:

Kinda like trainstation though..

Minos rates right up there just behind freefall. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.