Awesome update, but there's a big problem...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Do the things you like about the bonus pack outweight the negative things about it?

We've heard about the weapons.
What do people think of the mutators?
What do people think of the maps?

About the maps, would it be possible for overviews of the new maps in the "brief guide to INF Eas maps" thread?

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Captain Colon said:
There's already plenty of reasons not to use the G3, such as the small magazine, large size, large bulk...but I just can't love it with those sights :( :( :( Oh well, I'll just use it hipped :p

The G3 is the only non scoped rifle hitting at 500m without a problem (at least me shooting) due to its very precise ironsights (shooting range) and it does more damage than any other assault rifle, which compensates the smaller magazin.

You don't need a sidearm to engage someone nearby (unlike sniperrifles). So instead of having #8 5.56 Assaultrifle I considere it to be a great addition.

When one half complains 'too strong' (low recoil, handling) whereas others whine 'too weak' (clipsize & bulk, sights) its usually done quite well ;)

I played a few maps when it just came out, very large maps that killed my framerate down to 10 or even 5 fps...
cant really say anything about them...

Mutators are cool

weapons are cool to, just some small issues....

I never use G3, i dont like the sights, small mag....
there are plenty of ppl who dont use G3

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Every weapon has its pros and cons... oh I said this already ;)

People complained about the FA MAS sights and body blocking their view while aimed, but a lot of people actually use it due to the sights being very accurate and the option of attaching a suppressor plus the ability to use single, burst and auto mode.

The G3 has many pros too, and as Nukeproof said already... when you get half of the community to say that it is too easy to handle and the other half of the community complaining about how difficult it is to handle, then I can only second that it's usually done quite well then.
The smaller mag is no problem for someone that doesn't need a full mag to kill one opponent. The high bulk value is no problem for someone who doesn't need to carry a MP as a sidearm to give him a 'more secure' feeling. The closed sights of the G3 will not be a problem for someone who relies on the accuracy of them and doesn't need open sights to get them on target.

In short... you will have a lot of folks that will use the G3 after getting familiar with it. Look at the weapons used out there... every weapon is actually used.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i saw plenty of people using the G3
all the weapons can be deadly in the right hands, i remember a dtas round i was the last alive, with the famas, and people "oh hes using that blocking view gun", then i killed 4 opponents and won the round :D

for example the famas is a very powerfull gun with a high accuracy and rate of fire, but people just try it 5minutes..

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I like the G3A3. My only complaint is same as with the M16, that the model looks to small/far away from the eye. Having it a bit closer to the view would make the dioptersight bigger and give you a better chance to observe the location through the sight (on larger distance).

I think the recoil is good, honestly just because I think the 5.56 weapons have to much recoil (while this recoil is best for 7.62x51 weapons).
I know you can control the recoil by the mouse, so I wont start a discussion again ;).

And I like powerful singleshot, so G3A3 is the perfect rifle for me.

Captain Colon

Jul 3, 2004
Nukeproof said:
You don't need a sidearm to engage someone nearby (unlike sniperrifles). So instead of having #8 5.56 Assaultrifle I considere it to be a great addition.
Have fun waiting to slap the handle forward on your G3 while I'm shooting you with my backup AK :p

I actually think my problem with the G3 is the sights are so accurate that I'm overcompensating most of the time, I like it a lot more now that I'm used to it :)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
G3 totally rocks if used in short bursts.

My questions are:
1) Why doesn´t it has 3 burst shot, or does it depend on the triggergroup as with the G36?
2) if it is the G3A3, why does it has the old, metal frontgrip? As I know since the 80 the G3A3 was used with the plastic foregrip.
The color is ok, sure I would prefer black but green is good too.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
My questions are:
1) Why doesn´t it has 3 burst shot, or does it depend on the triggergroup as with the G36?
2) if it is the G3A3, why does it has the old, metal frontgrip? As I know since the 80 the G3A3 was used with the plastic foregrip.
The color is ok, sure I would prefer black but green is good too.
my '63 g3a3 used the old plastic foregrip, the g3a5 i got my hands on a few times the newer one, which is also used for the g3 ingame. both used the S(sicher, save)-E(einzelfeuer, semi)-F(feuerstoß, auto) triggergroup. both used green plastic parts (older models use a more brownish green), i don't know of an black ones in bundeswehr service.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Ah yes, the old one is plastic too, but the different design.

I don´t know what version the Bundeswehr used, guess from a special time they produced the new foregrip (MP5 like). I think the green plastic is more of a standart, while the black is more of an export version, or special forces thing.
I saw guerillas using the old foregrip g3, but also the new foregrip g3.
I saw other countries military using only the new foregrip g3 (mostly black plastic), which I like more.

But I would prefer the new plastic grip. Not that it is a big problem, but I just wanted to know.

Guess the triggergroup can be replaced.

Last edited: