*Attention* Virus Alert

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
P

Prophetus

I received an ICQ message stating that www.download.com currently has the CIH virus in many of their programs. I cannot say that all of the programs have this virus...but some do. I support and enjoy the site and hope this will clear up soon.

S

STC_Wacky

Thanks for the warning.....I download stuff from them quite often /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

"I love animals.....especially in a good gravy"

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
Don't take that ICQ message as gospel. I get many "stories" such as that, every day. Frog Blender contains a virus, Elf Bowling containing a virus, etc...
Neither of those had a virus, that I (or anyone else I know) experienced.

Now, that doesn't mean that it's NOT true. But rather, to take it with a grain of salt.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

P

Prophetus

very true Wingz, but better to be cautious than sorry. Again...very true /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Oh man, some of the ICQ messages I've seen floating around hehehe.

To protect yourself against CIH, go grab a tiny program called CleanCIH and run it from a restart into DOS. Grab it from here

bullet2.gif

My night is coloured headache grey. Don't wake me with so much.