UT3 Assault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
In your own gametype you are god, especially if you need to have separate maps anyway:
attachment.php

Granted, Jailbreak takes this customizability a whole lot further than it might really be required. But then again, players have the option to force or remove the translocator and hoverboard via mutators. They can do so within the range of options the mapper granted them and the mapper can still suggest a default setting.

Attachments

• JBMapInfo.png
    JBMapInfo.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 356

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
By the way, there are a lot of rarely used announcements in UT3 that could actually be useful in Assault, for example, in Guardia, tell defenders to "Man the Goliath!", in ValleyBase, last objective, tell attackers to "Attack the enemy Core", when attackers destroy doors, announce "Barricade Destroyed" etc. Generic attack/defend can be "Defend/Attack the Node". A lot of announcements are also good for manning or taking items, especially UT2004 Junkyard-type power cores.

Cowlike

Feb 21, 2008
Good suggestions, I added the gameinfo for hoverboards and I'll look into annoucements. I already imported a few from 2k4 for the hell of it.
In the meantime there's a small update with only some hud and rules changes.

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
i checked your mod out and i really like it :) good job on that.

are there any news on that? i would love to see assault back like in the good old ut99 days :)

Last edited:
use hyperions map converter nab =]

I'm trying to use that converter, version 0.22, but I have error messages in both Windows Vista HP 64 bits and Windows XP H 32 bits and doesn't convert anything :(
The error is in the image.
And there is the log file (any error visble):
Converting H:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament\Maps\_AS-Guardia.unr
24-jun-2009 21:10:26 org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
ADVERTENCIA: No saved state for javax.swing.JTabbedPane[jTabbedPane1,10,11,492x286,layout=javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$TabbedPaneLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=201326944,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,haveRegistered=false,tabPlacement=TOP]
========= UT3 Converter ==========
Converting H:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament\Maps\_AS-Guardia.unr
Exporting map to .t3d file ....Total Conversion Time:83.885 s)
H:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament\Maps\_AS-Guardia.unr has been succesfully ported!
=========== END =============
=========== INFO =============
UT3 Converted map folder:C:\Users\JMR\Documents\My Games\UT3 Conversions\UT3Map
UT3 Converted Textures folder:C:\Users\JMR\Documents\My Games\UT3 Conversions\UT3Map\Textures
UT3 Converted Sounds folder:C:\Users\JMR\Documents\My Games\UT3 Conversions\UT3Map\Sounds
UT3 Converted StaticMeshes folder:C:\Users\JMR\Documents\My Games\UT3 Conversions\UT3Map\StaticMeshes
I have all the Unreal collection originall, but the U1, U2, UT99 and UT2004 is in Unreal Anthology edition. I have a pirate version too but I'm not tested yet.
I will tell you if I have a progress with this ;)

Edit: Add the log file

Attachments

• ConverterError.jpg
    ConverterError.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OK OK
I installed the UT99 original version (the pirate) and now works.
But now when I try to Import a texture the UT3 editor crash :(
Log file:
Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\EditorTips.int
Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\Users\JMR\Documents\My Games\UT3 Conversions\UT3Map\Textures\bwall3a.pcx)
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: (DestPtr+RunLength)<DestEnd [File:.\Src\UnEdFact.cpp] [Line: 3777]
RLE going off the end of buffer
Stack:
Critical: Windows GetLastError: La ventana no tiene barras de desplazamiento. (0)
Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\Users\JMR\Documents\My Games\UT3 Conversions\UT3Map\Textures\bwall3a.pcx)
Critical: Error reentered: Assertion failed: LockStatus == LOCKSTATUS_Unlocked [File:.\Src\UnBulkData.cpp] [Line: 84]
Stack:
I still trying...

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
I can't believe it!
My rant of assault over duel thread was not in vain. I love you. :D