Archives

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
Hi I'm new around here.
I have remade DM-Archives (remember, from Goldeneye) and it looks cooler, plays cooler and has doors /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I will upload it soon to NaliCity, please could I have some feedback?

Thanks in advance
Kain

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
mhh i loved dm-archives ... just because it was the first map with breakable glass i ever saw for UT ... so when the new version is ready for testing?

-reaper was here-

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
It should be available at NaliCity tomorrow. I would really appreciate feedback (are the doors good, is the lighting effective) and would love it to be released in infiltration v2.8.

Thanks again
Kain

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
available now

It should be available at NaliCity tomorrow. I would really appreciate feedback (are the doors good, is the lighting effective) and would love it to be released in infiltration v2.8.

Thanks again
Kain

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
i'll download it this night... hmm i try to put my feedback here on tuesday evening... i mean on german time /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-reaper was here-

disturbed

Nov 10, 1999
www.research-center.org
Man I love that map... the tight hallways and rooms got me whippin' out my shotgun and DE50 again. Very nicely done Kain. I just wish that the original author added the whole archives, not just the multiplayer part. Its an awesome map, it just needs to be bigger.

<hr color="#00FF00" size="1" align="left" width="50%">
Jon Merriman
Infiltration Beta Tester

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
well I made the first Archives as part of a Goldeneye conversion pack - now seeing the brilliance of infiltration and the popularity of this map I have remade it, with better looks + more features, hopefully for 2.8.

Making the whole thing would be damn hard, and I have other things to do, in real life(TM) and Unreal.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
shit sorry /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i wasn't able to download it last time... i try it now again... and i WILL put some feedback here... gimme some time

-reaper was here-

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Some feedback...

I downloaded the map & gave it a few runs w/ bots. I like what you've done with the place! The doors are a nice touch, they sound great, open up nice & quick. I found the lighting good, no problem there. I like the elongation you did to the corridors, and the extra armor you added downstairs. Nice weapon placement too.

The only complaint I have is that there isn't more of it! Maybe a 3rd floor or something. But all around it's definitely better than the original, which was already one of my favorite DM maps for INF. I'd also love to see it added to the official INF maps. It's a perfect fit.

Got any more maps in the works? You do good work!
<h1><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h1>
"I love war and responsibility and excitement.
Peace is going to be hell on me."

Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
Played....

Been playing it a bit, but I keep crashing when I get to a certain area. I am not entirely sure it is not just my system crapping out or something....I'm doing a reload and will check it out again.

Many may remember the original map got a perfect score from me WAYYYY back when RealMaps started. We may not be able to give it a whole new review, but we will give it a big harry mention on the site.

pickle.gif

Buddy_Pickle
RealMaps Co-Founder / Web Guy
www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
ok kain here is my list:

+lighting... really good work
+weapon placement... good but it could be better if the robar was replaced by the benelli shotgun...
+the breakable glass and the exploding barrels

-the secret hallways... it would be better if they were normal hallways with doors
-architecture... more details would be better... the polycount is good enough to add a few details
-botpathing... something which was better in the original... the enemy team [blue] went straight to one room and stayed there

so that are my suggestions... i hope you appreciate it /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-reaper was here-

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
1 - there is no benelli shotgun on the level

2 - I know about the camping business that's because I put an ambushpoint there. I may remove it.

3 - in trying to keep it like the original the detail is low but I'm stuck for ideas. And the shooty-doors piss me off too - I'll be removing or changing them.

Oh well I'm started on another map and Im pretty happy with archives so I don't think I'll be making any major changes.