Any thoughts on DirectX 8 and UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 22, 2000
got a few fps more with a Geforce2. Didn't do much really apart from it made the sounds a lot better.

Worth the D/L imo

XeonX667

MouseLike
Aug 3, 2000
Montreal,Canada
installed DX 8

on a P2 350,128 ram,3DFX 3000 with the new drivers,runs fine and I don't notice that much of a change, except maybe a slight fps improvement. I'd wait a bit before D/L if your wearry.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
I have used Gamevoice with DirectX 7 and it is better than RW. Clearer, more features. Voice commands if you want 'em.

I just installed DirectX 8. UT looks a little better but I haven't tried GameVoice yet.

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
I have installed it yesterday, got about 10 fps more under Win2k.
This increase occured only with the manufacturers(Asus) drivers though, with the detonator 6.47 i didn't get any improvement :(